Hip Kit Club: You Are Loved Layout




Hi Friends! 

I am so super excited to be sharing my very first "blog" project for the Hip Kit Club Design Team! 
Today's inspiration is with the gorgeous August 2019 Main Scrapbook & Cardstock Kits, and features those fabulous Pretty Little Studio: Indian Summer Frames! I have also been challenged to incorporate some stitching into my project for some added interest and fun! 
Here is the layout I created, 

"You Are Loved"

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Sept12thBLOG_01

Isn't this the sweetest?!! Loved, indeed! 
A really beautiful layout for my darling girl!

I started my layout with the beautiful Bazzill Quartz Cardstock as I knew I would be inclined to use the floral adorned frames, and thus create a very feminine page! I had the perfect picture of my sweet girl to scrapbook, and a very strong idea of the message and sentiment that I wanted to document. 
As she's feeling those 'difficult' teen years, I wanted her to know how beautiful, blessed & loved she is. The Pink Paislee (Paige Evans) Truly Grateful Mixed Ephemera & coordinating Phrase Thickers were perfect for this!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Sept12thBLOG_05

I selected the oval and circular frames for my feature, as not only are they adorned with florals, but are also gold foiled! Gor-jus!!! Also, the softer appearance of the round frames is just perfect for girly and delicate layouts! To bring further attention to those stunning frames, I embellished them all with my important sentiments. 
As my darling girl is my greatest treasure of all, I foam mounted her framed photo and layered it onto a larger arrangement of ephemera blooms. This emphasized her photo, and importance, to the overall design. I also used the picture perfect sentiment to acknowledge her genuine beauty.

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Sept12thBLOG_07

Infact, when it came to the title & sentiments, I designed the layout so it would read, You are...blessed, you are loved, picture perfect, Loved. I hope when she looks back in her albums, she sees how truly beautiful she always was despite the awkward years!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Sept12thBLOG_04

For the stitching element,  I just couldn't resist adding a little whimsy and playfulness to the design with butterflies & their flight paths. I used butterflies from the Truly Grateful Mixed Ephemera, Truly Grateful Phrase Thickers, & even some fussy cut ones from the Truly Grateful pattern paper #5. For the 'flight paths', I simply perforated the holes with a paper piercing tool & then stitched it all with some yellow embroidery thread. 
I love how this turned out! So pretty!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Sept12thBLOG_03
F
or a polished look, and to tie in all those bright & beautiful colors, I trimmed the Truly Grateful pattern paper #14  into a 1" x 12" strip to line the top of my layout, and a half inch x 12" strip for the bottom. I adorned the top left corner with  Pinkfresh Studio: Just A Lil Lovely Mixed Embellishments, and then scattered a few more embellishments around the page. 
The gold glitter enamel dots are really somethin'!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Sept12thBLOG_06

And there you have it! 
Frames, Florals & Stitching with the August 2019 Scrapbook & Cardstock Kits! 
I hope you feel inspired to get creating with these beautiful kits today!
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
til next time, 

AMANDA BALDWIN-01

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment