Elle's Studio: More August Kit Inspiration!




Hi Friends!

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio awesomeness!
Today I'm sharing more everyday documenting with the fabulous August Kit, Add On items & the incredible Title Builder Vol.3 Stamp! 
It's no secret that I adore Elle's Studio stamps, but honestly, the Title Builder Stamps are a true favorite o'mine! SO good!
Here's yet another reason why...



Other Supplies: White Carrdstock, Machine Stitching, Altenew Ink Cubes - Pink Diamond, Rubellite, & Razzleberry, SpiegelMom Scraps Firecrackers Sequins. 

Isn't this the sweetest Summer page?! 
And see what I mean about the everyday documenting? This was no milestone moment, just a simple capture of my two darlings exploring the rock pools - but one that I still wanted to record & 'keep' forever! A Summer moment that truly was the Best Fun Ever!

Here's a closer look at my layout...



Every element of this page was inspired by that sweet photo! I often create pages where the photo is the focus, and chief story teller of the design. From the colors in my children's clothing, to the warm Summer's day at the rock beach, to the loving moment that they shared - it all inspired this fun Summer page! 

To be completely honest, my 12 x 12 scrapbook layout also really began as a pocket page.....
I started with the 3 x 4 notecard that features the 'more of this' sentiment on it. Apart from it's coordinating color, I also loved the pennant icon that the sentiment was printed on. So, I used a scalpel knife & fussy cut it to create a photo clip to insert my photo into. A really simple touch that brings attraction to my photo! I then embellished this photo card with the 'Best Friends' Back To School puffy sticker & the 'Summer' veneer from the Title Builder Vol.3 Wood Veneers. 
So cool! Pocket page scrappin' is so much fun! 
But... we all know that I'm a 12 x 12 girl at heart, so I just couldn't stop there! 



Next, I created a banner from white cardstock, and repeat stamped the word LOVE from the Title Builder Vol.3 Stamp. I stamped this subtitle in an ombre style & added faux stitching around the edges with black pen. The banner shape compliments the pennant photo clip, & added an extra point of interest to draw attention to my photograph. To connect the two main pieces of my layout together, I embellished both with a pair of red sunglasses - one is an Acrylic, and the other was fussy cut from a notecard in the August kit. Cute!

It's at this point where I actually decided to create a 12 x 12 page. I trimmed one inch off my white cardstock base to allow for the paper trim on the left hand side. I butted two half inch strips of pattern paper from the 6 x 6 Sunshine Paper Stack to form the 12 inch appearance. I did this twice, and then machine stitched all trims onto the underside of the white cardstock. I also layered the polka dot print stripes paper through the left hands side of my page (at the 4inch mark) to anchor both my photo and banner.  
Now for the super fun part! All the embellishments!!!


I added a a good scattering of hearts (including the stamped hearts & LOVE word from the Highlights From Today stamp), watercolor splatters, the fantastic Makes Me Smile Cork Circles and few sequins from my stash. I also stamped up a spot of journaling with the Title Builder Vol.3 Stamp, 'this is the best fun ever'. I told you that the Title Builder Vol.3 stamp is my favorite!!! LOVE it!


I added a few more of the Makes Me Smile Cork Circles around the page, and a couple more pairs of both fussy cut & Acrylic Sunglasses. So fun!


And there you have it!
 Documenting the everyday never looked so good! 
I hope my layout has inspired you to get creating with the fabulous  Elle's Studio August kit and those stamps! 


Thanks so much for visting, 
til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment