Cocoa Vanilla Studio & Retro Hip Magazine!




Hi Friends!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration! 
Today I am sharing a slightly different take on the Throwback Thursday post!
That's right folks! 
I have been getting my 'retro' on and created a Cocoa Vanilla Studio: MORE THAN WORDS delight for Issue 8 of Retro Hip Magazine! Yay!!!
Normally you have to purchase the magazine to see the full projects, but as a special treat for all of you, I have the editor's permission to share this wonderful layout,

"Sweet Thing"


Oh my heart!
Isn't this stunning?!! Throwback Thursday never looked so fresh & new! 
Such an exquisite page!
This layout was created for a special feature on how to make white space work for your designs. I just LOVE using white space to draw attention to my photos, and maximize overall design interest. I used one of my all time favorite Cocoa Vanilla Studio collections; MORE THAN WORDS, some light mixed media and a whole lotta fussy cutting to create this lovely layout. 
You can read the full article in Issue 8 of Retro Hip Magazine here, and by the way, code FRIEND10 will save you 10% off this issue!

In the meantime, here's how I made this beautiful layout....

I started with 12 x 12" white cardstock which I trimmed to 12 x 11 1/2". Next, I machine stitched a half inch strip of pattern paper, CV-MT001 PRECIOUS onto the right hand side of the layout. I used the packaging technique with Shimmerz Vibez in Pop Art Pink, and added a few splatters too! While this dried, I began fussy cutting butterflies from pattern papers, CV-MT003 GOSSAMER, CV-MT004 COLLAGE, & CV-MT006 TREASURE. I also fussy cut the sweet thing wreath from the TREASURE paper too. I then arranged the butterflies, with my sweet photo onto the peach watercolor base.

Here's a closer look....


I tucked in a few DIE CUT EPHEMERA blooms into the photo cluster, and added a DIE CUT sentiment banner onto my photograph too. SO pretty!!!
Next I added that fussy cut sweet thing wreath, and a CHIPBOARD STICKER butterfly....

So many pretty details!
You'll notice that I used a few pretty sequins from the Summer Morn' set from SpiegelMom Scraps, as well as a good sprinkling of the MORE THAN WORDS ENAMEL SHAPES. 


For the finishing touch, I fussy cut the sweet heart sentiment from pattern paper, CV-MT006 TREASURE, and layered it over one of the butterflies with foam tape. I just love how effective this looks!


Such a pretty page for my sweet girl!


And there you have it!
Simple, beautiful, elegant!
Throwback Thursday made fresh and pretty!
I do hope you'll check out my article in Issue 8 of Retro Hip Magazine for all my tips on maximizing white space for your scrapbook layouts!

**Oh, if your shopping in the Shimmerz Paints store, type AMANDA in the comments section of your order for a FREE paint! ** 

Thanks so much for stopping by,
til next time,

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment