Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Bloom & Grow with the Midnight Collection!




Hi Creative Friends!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio awesomeness! 
Today I am sharing a super pretty layout with the divine MIDNIGHT collection! 
I just adore this gorgeous collection, and it's fast become my favorite collection of 2018! 
From beautiful patterns, sweet florals and a beautiful colour scheme this collection has it all! 
But enough of the chatter, here's my next layout with MIDNIGHT.... 

"Bloom & Grow"

Sigh! Isn't this just the prettiest?!!
It's no secret that I love ALL the floral things, and this is exactly why! So very beautiful!
If my layout looks a little familiar to you, you'd be correct! I'm actually taking inspiration from my own monochromatic layout from last month. 
It's called, "Our Happy Story" & looks like this......

Just divine! You can revisit this layout and blog post HERE
So sweet! 
You can see why I just had to create a pink version too! 
Highlighting just one colour, and creating monochromatic magic with the MIDNIGHT collection is really beautiful & so effective! 

For today's variation, I rotate the design, and opt for a more floral and feminine look! 
I feature the remaining half of the large mandala die from the LARGE DIE CUT & BACKING KIT (from last month's layout) and spray it in my favourite shimmering pink colours. I try to mimic the colours & tones from the 'Love This' die cut that features in the embellishment cluster in the top right hand side of my layout.  I just love how this turned out! 
A bright pop of colour, and with such depth, it allowed me to back the die with a busy pattern paper and not get 'lost'. Speaking of that floral paper, it's actually the reverse side of CV-MN007 INKY DEPTHS - yes, the paper I used to back my original design last month! #useallthethings! 
I think I need at least 20 sheets of this paper - it features both my favorite colour (indigo blue) and pretty florals!!! 
So I'm totally crushing on INKY DEPTHS! 
 You'll also note that I foam mount this floral backed, half LARGE DIE CUT & adorn it with gold sequins from our past HELLO LOVELY collection. Before I adhere it to my white cardstock base, I use the same shimmering pink sprays & the packaging technique to create a softened mixed media base. I do this where the half LARGE DIE CUT, and the vertical paper strips on the right, will be positioned. I then tuck a few floral ACCESSORY STICKERS, CLEAR STICKERS, DIE CUT EPHEMERA pieces & even floral CHIPBOARD ACCENTS alongside & beneath the LARGE DIE CUT rim. Amongst these florals, I also add my CLEAR STICKERS title Bloom & Grow, as well as some journaling with the typed ACCESSORY STICKERS. 
I select the gem like DIE CUT EPHEMERA as an unlikely, but very pretty, frame for my sweet ballerina photograph. I foam mount 2 CHIPBOARD ACCENTS blooms onto the rim of the LARGE DIE CUT. Next, I foam mount & layer my framed photo onto them. Lots of foam mounting in this layout to create dimension and clearly defined layers! 
Definition is important with so many pretty details! 
It really is a beautiful page for my darling girl! And such a happy moment to document! This photo was taken of her trying on all the Bloch Pointe ballet slippers for the first time - such a milestone moment for her! 
As we move across the page, you'll spot that softened mixed media layer. It is followed by a half inch strip of pattern paper CV-MN007 INKY DEPTHS (reverse side), and a 1 1/2 inch strip of pattern paper CV-MN009 SOPHISTICATED (reverse side also).  I love how these paper strips anchor my layout, and in particular, that LARGE DIE CUT.

Let's take a better look....
Stripes are always for the win, & I just LOVE the ombre pink stripes in pattern paper, CV-MN009 SOPHISTICATED! Over this pretty paper, I foam mount that gorgeous terrarium DIE CUT EPHEMERA, tucking a few die cut blooms beneath it. I add the Love This sentiment DIE CUT with thick foam tape too! 
For finishing touches, I scatter a few more of the HELLO LOVELY gold sequins! 

And there you have it!
 Beautiful layers, all the pink and lots of florals for my beautiful girl! 
I hope my layout has inspired you to get creating with the gorgeous MIDNIGHT collection! 
(& maybe try some monochromatic magic too!)

Thanks so much for visiting,
til next time,

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment