Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Wanderlust




Hi Creative Friends!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio awesomeness!
 Today I am sharing a super fun, BIG title, BIG impact, boy layout with the fabulous new 
BOYS RULE collection.  
Here's my layout,

"Wanderlust"


Yay! I love a big title, and backed with the awesome BOYS RULE papers - well, it just doesn't get any better than this! Love it! And speaking of love, how cute is my little adventurer in the photo?! Such a cool lil guy! One Of A Kind, indeed!
My layout begins with the reverse side of pattern paper, CV-BR008 ENTITLED for the base. I trim white cardstock to 11"x11" and stitch it to the base. Next, I cut the Paige Evans Wanderlust cut file from the Silhouette Store, enlarging it to 11 1/2" high. I back the letters with what looks like lots of different papers; but it's actually ALL from pattern paper CV-BR004 FUN & GAMES. How cool is that?! I love the varying designs within the one paper - SO many creative possibilities!

Here's a closer look....



Loving all those cool patterns! The woodgrain hyphen is from the reverse side of this paper too! So much awesome from one sheet of paper! To add to it's impact, I embellish the large pattern paper title with CHIPBOARD PIECES and DIE CUT & MISCELLANY EPHEMERA.


I also machine stitch the black sentiment tags onto the layout. Lots of messy threads, texture and a little bit of 'raw' on this otherwise clean design.


How cool is that CHIPBOARD PIECES skull n crossbones icon?!! All kinds of awesome!
Let's take a closer look at my photo cluster.....


You'll spy that I have layered my photo onto a combination of MISCELLANY & DIE CUT EPHEMERA. Between these layers, I slide a few ACCESSORY STICKERS too! But it's the FLAIR BUTTON adorning my photo that I just can't get enough of! King Of The World - just perfect!


Below my photo I also include  the 'boy' CLEAR STICKER, and that awesome die cut too!


For finishing touches, I add more random cotton threads, and those dimensional black drops. Simple. Striking & Oh-so-fun!
I am absolutely loving creating with the new BOYS RULE line, & I am sure you will too!
Thanks so much for visiting today,
til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment