Pinkfresh Studio: A Case of the Blahs & The Mix No. 2!




Hi Papercrafting Friends!

Welcome back for more Pinkrfesh Studio scrapbook inspiration!
 I am super excited to be sharing my May Design Team creations with
A Case of the Blahs and The Mix No.2! 
One of my scrappy goals this year was to scrap more of myself, and my stories - so with that in mind, here's more of lil ole Me!

"This Is Me"


Yep! That's me.
I know, it does feel a lil weird to scrap yourself, but it's so important too! 
The turning point for me was when my children were going through all our albums, 
and asked "How come you're not in here too, mom?"
 Ouch moment!
I spend so much time behind the camera taking the photos, but I rarely get in front of the lens. 
So, needless to say, you'll be seeing a lil more of me. LOL! 
Despite being a super positive and glass half full kinda gal,
 A Case of the Blahs was actually the perfect collection choice for me!
With it's good mix of fun colors and 'real life' sentiments, what could be better?!
I've used the super cool MEH pattern paper for my base, and added a half inch strip of BLAH paper to the left hand side of my layout. 
The remainder of my layout lies in that cluster & many layers beneath my photo....


Those layers consist of square cuts from pattern paper MESSY, as well as EPHEMERA, CHIPBOARD STICKERS, FABRIC DIE CUTS, ENAMEL DOTS, CARDSTOCK STICKERS, ALPHA PUFFY STICKERS & a couple TASSEL BOWS from our Be You collection. I've mounted my photo onto a thick sheet of foam and some torn tracing paper, and tucked lots of the MESSY squares and EPHEMERA beneath it! As I'm lover of sparkly things I also embellished with a sprinkling of sequins from my stash. 
Totally loving the scalloped trim CHIPBOARD STICKER - the sentiment on it didn't quite work for my story, but I just couldn't resist tucking it into all that layered goodness! 
Let's take a closer look at a few of those layers.....


How fabulous are the FABRIC DIE CUTS?!! The always me, never perfect sentiment resonated a little too well. Totally imperfect, and I'm A-OK with that too!
The pops of black through my layout help to balance my PUFFY ALPHAS STICKERS title, especially those sweet printed CHIPBOARD STICKERS leaves.
  Speaking of PUFFY ALPHAS, here's one last look at them....


Such awesome alphas!!! 
Love the fun font, and with that stunning matte finish, they're be perfect for mixing and matching with all your favorite Pinkfresh Studio collections!  Love them!!!
----------
And now for something super cute 'n' fun with our The Mix No. 2 collection!

Here's my layout, 

"Happiness is.... in Full Bloom"


Told you this was a fun page! 
I am playing along with Pinkfresh Studio's Monthly Challenge & being totally inspired by the colours in the mood board AND also making a feature of our fabulous PUFFY STICKERS! 
'Cos seriously, who doesn't love a PUFFY STICKER or 30?!! 
Using that split heart cut file, I have filled the 'blank' side with all the puffy heart stickers that coordinate with the moodboard, as well as layered my sweet photograph over this section. 
The opposing side gets a good dose of mixed media, and is then sparingly embellished with a few STITCHED HEARTS, & the odd PUFFY STICKER. 
To create further interest, my PUFFY STICKER title travels around the heart cut file to encourage movement and flow around my photograph! 
Here's a closer look.....


All those PUFFY HEART STICKERS!!!!
Love them all! 
I've framed my sweet pic with a CHIPBOARD STICKER frame from A Case of the Blahs collection, and also embellished it with...wait for it, more puffy stickers!!!
Seriously, SO good! I may have a PUFFY STICKER obsession! 
Do you have a favorite embellishment? I *may* have! LOL! 


The PUFFY STICKERS are beautifully cut and come in so many fun colors, shapes, and designs! I love that the alphas are not too big, and as such, can be used on a variety of different craft projects!
 

Moving on from all that PUFFY STICKER love, I have also used  few pieces from The Mix No.2 EPHEMERA pack to embellish my photo with! Cute!
Play along with this challenge to go in the draw to win a fabulous Pinkfresh Studio prize! Yayyy!

And there you have it! 
Two very different, but super fun & colorful layouts with our beautiful collections!
I hope I have inspired you to get creative today! 
Thanks for stopping by today, 
Til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 
 

Leave a Comment

  1. Your pages are fun and colourful! I paper names kind of cracked me up, 'Meh' and 'Blah'...that's a hoot. All the layers are so interesting and intricate. I can see something new every time I look at them. I'm not in the craft room today, I'm going light shopping :D Finding something glorious at a good price for our dining room, I might have to get creative with my budget, LOL Cheers dear!

    ReplyDelete