Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Wild At Heart: Love You....





Hi Creative Friends!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio Wild At Heart inspiration!
Today I am sharing a layout that makes a real feature of that pretty marbled paint pattern paper, the reverse side of GROW WILD CV-WH007.



Super pretty paper, huh?!!!
I absolutely LOVE this marble design but often find these types of patterns difficult to use - but not today!
Let me show you why.....

"Love You"


Oh swoon! Isn't this just divine?!! Pretty, pretty, pretty!
The colours and swirls in this pattern paper are SO dreamy! Pastel perfection! It kinda reminds me of melting rainbow gelato icecream!!!
That stunning center chipboard frame is the source of my inspiration for today's layout design. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to incorporate the 'marble frame' look into my scrapbook page. I have layered my cardstock and reverse side of GROW WILD paper to achieve this!
For those of you who like accuracy and numbers, the exact measurements are 1 sheet of 12" x 12" cardtstock, the marble paper is 11" x 11" & my inner layer is a second sheet of cardstock, and is 8" x 8". I have machine stitched both my cardstock layers to add soft texture and dimension to the layout. I also added a watercolour, mixed media base to matte my chipboard framed photo onto. I tried to create a complimenting wash that drew on the sweet pastel colour combination.
And of course, I had to fussy cut out those sweet butterflies from the pattern paper, PATCHWORK CV-WH004! I have positioned them to follow the 'flow' of the marble swirls, and to create movement within such a controlled layout design. Enough chatter though!

Let's take a closer look at all this pastel perfection....


So divine! That frame really is a beautiful adornment to my photograph! I added the 'sweet' DIE CUT EPHEMERA arrow to the top of the frame to guide you into my darling photograph, and the 'memories' one at the bottom to keep your eye travelling.  You'll also spy some type writer font journal stickers from the ACCESSORY STICKERS sheet, CHIPBOARD STICKERS, ENAMEL DOTS (SPARKLES) & a WOOD VENEER too! Those hearts are perfect! The blue chippie one keeps with the fluid water colours, while the veneer one adds warmth and balance. Love it!


That 'Enjoy the Little Things' ephemera is actually an Accessory Sticker. I simply backed it with a little scrap paper, and mounted it with double thick foam tape. I also added lilac cotton floss beneath it, as well as beneath my frame. There's also some French blue cotton beneath one of my butterflies - the cotton adds dimension and texture but maintains a certain softness and delicacy to the layout. Pretty!


I can't go past the WOOD VENEER words - the cursive script is so fun, and the veneer is so exquisitely cut! Here's another view of them....


They really are something! Wow!
And there you have it! My layout using the stunning Wild At Heart collection!
I hope my layout has inspired you to get creating with this beautiful new range!
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - it means so much!
til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

  1. Oh this is so gorgeous Amanda! Love that pic too - adorable <3

    ReplyDelete