Hip Kit Club: June 2021 Main Kit Only




 Hi Crafters!

Welcome back for more Hip Kit Club inspiration & awesomeness!

Today I'm sharing how I've incorporated punches and metal dies from my stash into a 

June 2021 Main Kit Only layout. 

Yay, such a fun challenge!  

Oh, and if you're a mom of boys (or simply just wondering how such a pretty kit can work for boy pages), read on!

Here's my darling son's newest page with the June 2021 Main Kit Only...

"Happy Memories"

 

Whoa! How awesome is this?! Super cool &  perfect for documenting my sweet boy!

You'll spy punched stars and semi circles, as well as die cut foliage pieces too! 

And my favorite die cut? Well, that would definitely be the diamond die that I used to shape my photograph with! 

Here's a closer look at it...

 

 

So super awesome! That diamond photo is really somethin'! To be honest, it dictated the vertical page arrangement and overall design of the layout. I even aligned my border papers (B sides of Hip Kit Club's Delightful: Lemon Parfait and Pinkfresh Studio's Happy Blooms: Garden) with the diamond photo before I zig zagged them into place.

 

 

The blue, teal and purple tones of this layout are so cool and refreshing that they simply add to the chilled out, Summer vibes theme. This contemporary color scheme is then balanced out with pops of striking black & white embellishments. The black and white details really cut through the 'softness' of the colors,  giving a stronger & more masculine feel. You'll notice that I've featured lots of textural elements such as messy machine stitching, distressed cardstock, those amazing Hip Kit Exclusive Wood Veneer Buttons, lots of foam tape and even curled, folded and raised embellishments for the same effect.

 

 

The Hip Kit Club Delightful Ephemera  leaves inspired me to create more foliage die cuts to anchor my photo with. I cut these leaves from the B side of Pinkfresh Studio's Happy Blooms: Garden paper, and arranged them with the Delightful leaves, as well as the banners from the Pinkfresh Studio Happy Blooms: Journaling Bits.  The Delightful Wood Veneer Buttons were perfect for added dimension and interest, but I felt like my page needed more black and white details. The solution? I used an old star punch with the B side of Hip Kit's Delightful: Strawberry Crush Paper (white paper with black dot pattern) and sprinkled them throughout the vertical design (because he's my lil super star, of course!).

 

 

My semi circle punch was used to support the two die cut clouds. A simple mirroring technique, but so effective!

 

 

All the Hip Kit Club Main Kit awesomeness!!! Love it!

I hope my layout has inspired you to get creating with the June 2021 Hip Kits today!

til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 

Amanda xo

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment