Hip Kit Club: Recipe Challenge with a Thankful Theme




 


 

Hi Friends!

 Welcome back for more October 2020 Hip Kit awesomeness! 

Today I'm sharing my take on the Recipe Challenge happening over in the Hip Kit Club Facebook Group. The  Design Team also have the additional challenge of including a Thankful theme, yay! I love a good challenge, and this one is tons of fun! 

Check it out...

 

Told you it was fun! Here's what I came up with... 

"Thankful For You"


 Oh my heart! Could he be any more adorable?! Thankful beyond measure for this cool kid! 

And how amazing are the October 2020 Hip Kits?!! I mean seriously, SO gorgeous! You'll spy the October 2020 Main, Embellishment and Cardstock Kits here, and let me tell you, I had a hard time deciding what to use -  I just LOVE it all! 

Let's take a better look at my layout....

 From his adorable face to that sweet Simple Stories fox, (and let's be honest - everything in between) this page just makes my heart so happy! I love documenting the season of Fall & the Thankful theme is just an added bonus! Giving thanks, showing gratitude & being grateful are such important values in our  everyday family life, so that really makes this challenge perfect for me!

For the stitching element, I ran my sewing machine through the reverse side of the Hip Kit Club exclusive Grandma's House - Softly Quilted paper. I left the cotton threads attached, and distressed the base of this paper for added texture and interest too! So effective! Beneath it is a trim of the reverse side of Crate Paper's Fresh Bouquet, Wild Rose. The strong contrast of warm florals against crisp blue polka dots is really striking and made this the perfect place to position my sweet boy's photos.

To incorporate more patterned papers into my page, I mounted his photographs onto a couple of tags which I fussy cut from the Simple Stories, Cozy Days Tags paper.  I hole punched these tags and tied some natural twine bows  to them as well, which created a more authentic look.  And while I had my fussy cutting scissors handy, I just had to cut out some of the foliage from the Crate Paper Fresh Bouquet Wild Rose paper, as well as the Simple Stories Cozy Days Harvest Wishes paper. Those fussy cuts are stunning! Actually, I think it's pretty safe to say that every paper from the Main and Paper Kits are stunning! It almost hurt to cut them into pieces!

 When it came to  enhancing the falling leaves photo cluster,  I just had to use all.the.things from the  October 2020 Embellishment Kit!  You'll spy a few of the Pebbles: The Avenue Floral Ephemera, the Sticker Book stickers and those divine Gold Puffy Leaf Stickers. There's also those amazing Amy Tangerine: Late Afternoon Tortoise Shell Hearts (I removed the paper clips with my craft pliers to make them more versatile) & the Simple Stories Cozy Days Foam Phrase Stickers. Here's a closer look for you...

 I really adore those Amy Tangerine Tortoise Shell Hearts!

As the challenge called for Chipboards, I added a few small chippie hearts to the embellishment cluster, as well as that darling fox from the Simple Stories Cozy Days Chipboard Stickers. That striking Simple Stories Washi Tape (another amazing item from the Embellishment Kit) is used to trim the base of my layout, and really supports that rich Gold Puffy Phrase Stickers title. For finishing touches, I flicked a bit of vermillion red paint from my stash. Those splatters really complete the page!

I hope that my take on this week's Hip Kit Club Recipe Challenge has inspired you to play along! See more  challenge inspiration, and upload your entry, in the Hip Kit Club Facebook Group HERE. I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 

Amanda xo

 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment