Elle's Studio: Scrap Your Stash Inspiration!





Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio February Kit love!!!
 I'm back to share more 'stretch your kit' or 'scrap your stash' inspiration while we eagerly await our new March products! 

It's no secret that the February Kit and add on items have been firm favorites of mine - I mean, all.the.rainbows!!! La la looooooove! Seriously though, the February Kit and new releases are so good that I created up a storm and I am now truly maxmizing my 'left overs' to create one more scrapbook page for today's post! 
Here's what I pulled together with my 'scraps'....

"I {heart} U"


Oh wow! What a bright & fun page! 
You'd never know that I was struggling on a shortage of supplies! Such a clever design!

Other Supplies: Bazzill Avalanche Cardstock

Let's take a closer look at  my page, 


Naww! Such a cute page for my darling boy! 
As you already know, I used all.the.things earlier in the month and didn't have much left of anything - except those Teal Acetate Alphabet letters. I had a few of those but again, I'd used all the popular letters and there were not many word options left. The solution? Use them in a random, grid order to create a fun background for this otherwise minimalist design! Not only did this add a bright pop of color to my white base, the Teal Acetate Alphabet also created the appearance of  a 'full' page design - love it! 


To add more color and interest to my design, I trimmed the left and right sides of my 8.5" x 11" layout with half inch strips of one of the Love Is 6" x 8.5" Paper Stack papers. To create the look of an 11" inch paper, I simply butted the strips together, careful to maintain the pattern design so the join wouldn't be visible. This is another great way to incorporate the appearance of more detail in your pages with only scraps of pattern paper in your stash! 


With only a few of the note cards left over from my February Kit, I decided to use one that had a bright and colorful design, which enhanced the playfulness of my page. With so many bright details on my layout, I opted to use a black and white version of my photograph so that it would remain the focal point. For further emphasis, I foam mounted the note card so it really stood out over the rest of the page. 


I raided the last of my February Kit Die Cuts and embellished my photograph and created that mini title with the purple heart and Coral Puffy Alphabet Stickers. Love it! The Coral Puffy Alphabet Stickers are complementary to the Teal Acetate Alphabet and really pop! 


To 'fill' the gaps in this simple design, I gathered all my 'left over' stickers and positioned them on and around that fun Teal Acetate Alphabet base. I used the Be Happy Stickers as both journaling spots and to cut through some of the pop color. This helped to create balance, and encouraged flow and movement into the design. The inclusion of the Puffy Rainbow Stickers really strengthened the whimsical and playful theme of my page too!




It's the Little Things, quite literally, that can make a page! 
I hope my scrap your stash post today has inspired you to get creative with your left over supplies, & that your March Kit isn't too far away ;) 
I can't wait to share more with you! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today,
til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment