Shimmerz Paints: March Color Kitz & Process Video!





Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Shimmerz Paints inspiration!
I just love all the pretty pastels and colors being featured this month,
& I absolutely can not wait to share what I've created with the newest Color Kitz!
But before I do,  here's a quick peek at The March Collection......


All.the.heart.eyes!!!
What a beautiful array of colorz and embellishments! 
Everything you need to create a myriad of Spring themed projects! 


Sweet Pea Spritz: A new exclusive color to this kit. 
This color is a soft lilac purple with silver shimmer.
Cotton Candy Spritz
Goldie Lox Shimmeringz
Refresh Mint Creameez
Sky's The Limit Creameez
1 exclusive Hot Air Balloon cut file created by Shimmerz Paints
1 package of 8 random assortment of Shimmerz Paints watercolor hot air balloon ephemera stickers
1 set of "Hello Sun" Dotz
1 set of Shimmerz Paints Spotz: Pastel color Enamel stickers. 
A new Shimmerz Paints product coming to the Shimmerz Shop Spring 2020.

Totally awesome!!!
These kits will sell out fast - so be sure to snare yours from the 
( Type AMANDA in the comments section to receive a bonus free paint too! )

Now onto the good stuff - here's what I've created with this stunning kit, 

"Be You"

Oh my! Sooooooooo pretty!!!
It's like a Sping dream come true!
Such beautiful colorz, butterflies and florals! 
Plus, I'm playing along with the Spring Forward Challenge which means NO pattern paper for the entire month! 
(But that's not really a challenge when we have so many gorgeous colors to play with!) 




You can find out more about the Spring Forward Challenge HERE

Let's take a closer look at  my pretty page....

Wow! 
Those colors are errrything! 
The brand new Spritz: Sweet Pea is absolutely DIVINE!!! 
 I think it may even replace Vibez Princess as my fave purple! 
You'll spy that I've also included a few 'extra' colors in my layout today too - because, well, all.the.Spring.feels!!! I just couldn't help myself, ha! 
As well as our divine March Color Kitz, you'll also spy:


I used the Shimmerz Pool Me Close as an alternative to the Creameez Refresh Mint because regrettably, I have put this mint color in a really safe place....
Yep, you guessed it! 
So safe I can't remember where it is :(
So we'll just imagine that the intricate die cut butterflies are a more matte and minty hue ;) 
(That said, Shimmerz Pool Me Close is a very pretty alternative!)


As I wanted to create a really pretty floral design, I decided to use a different cut file from the kit. This one is courtesy of The Cut Shoppe and is called Floral Wreath. 
(Basically, I'm saving that gorgeous Hot Air Balloon cut file & coordinating stickers for when I have the right photo!)
I backed the Floral Wreath cut file with papers that I created from Spritz: Sweet Pea & Cotton Candy, Creameez Sky's The Limit Inklingz Meet Me @Sunset. I embellished the flower centers with the Hello Sun Dotz & the brand new enamel dots called, Shimmerz Paints Spotz! Simple, but so effective!


Before adhering my cut file to my white cardstock base, I decided to create a fun background to layer it onto! I used the super vibrant Vibez Snow Way Man and applied it in a crude circular design using the packaging technique. I added quite a few splatters too! 
Once dried, I also added splatters & droplets of the two Spritz colors as well! 
Love how this looks!


I stamped a few butterflies throughout this mixed media background, then adhered my shimmering cut file! I tucked my photo into the wreath, and adorned my page with more pretty butterflies, and a sweet lil title!


For finishing touches, I added a few sprinkles of the Tropical Escapade sequins from our friends at SpiegelMom Scraps, AND more of our fabulous new Spotz! 

Wanna see more?



Please watch how my layout was created with my process video HERE

Thanks so much for watching! 
I hope you feel inspired to get the aaaah-mazing new Color Kitz



Thanks so much for visiting, 
til next time, 





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment