Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Throwback Thursday with More Than Words!




Hi Creative Friends!

Welcome back for another installment of the Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Throw Back Thursday feature!
Today I am taking you back to 2018 with 
the gorgeous More Than Words collection and a very sweet 'mom & son' page,

"Wonderful Moments"


Talk about sweet, this melts my heart! Such a happy moment documented! And maybe another twist on my love for the monochromatic designs ;)
Lots of lovely layers here, starting with the reverse side of CV-MT003 GOSSAMER as my layout base. I layer over this pretty black floral paper with a sheet of pale blue cardstock. I distress, peel back, and staple this cardstock into place to reveal the CV-MT003 GOSSAMER base. This is such an effective technique, as it creates both texture & interest, as well as a masculine touch to these pretty papers!
To these two background bases, I layer a cut file (Geometric Art courtesy of The Cut Shoppe) which I semi back with the 6 x 6 PAPER PAD version of the GOSSAMER paper. To the cut file, I add embellishments galore, and of course, my photo cluster! So many pretty layers! Let's take a closer look......


Absolutely LOVE this photo of me & my boy! 
I embellish the cut file with a mix of DIE CUT EPHEMERA, CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS, ENAMEL SHAPES, & even ACCESSORY STICKERS. I start my design from the top of the cut file, & travel down the page focusing on my photo cluster in the center. The 'wonderful' CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKER was the perfect title choice for my darling photo! But my title doesn't end there! As your eye moves down my layout, you'll find the remainder of my title beneath my photograph....


Unforgettable, & Wonderful are fussy cut labels from pattern paper CV-MT006 TREASURE, and Moments is from the CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS. Such a fun mixed title & I just adore all the tucked in pieces surrounding my photo! Layered perfection!
Here's a better look at my title and central photo....


That layering beneath my photo is just stunning! 
You'll spy more cuts from pattern paper, CV-MT006 TREASURE, as well as ACCESSORY STICKERS, more CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS, DIE CUT EPHEMERA & that divine VELLUM ACCENTS feather!  I love that bold pop of blue, it really brings attention to my photo!

Here's another view for you....

Just gorgeous!
I tuck a few white cotton floss threads into the photo cluster too!  For more interest & a finishing touch, I also add a few watercolor splatters as well! LOVE it!


More Than Words might be a girly, feminine collection but it is still perfect for scrapping the boys too! 
I hope you enjoyed my edition of Throw Back Thursday, 
& feel inspired to get creating with your older Cocoa Vanilla Studio stash too!

Thanks so much for visiting today!
til next time, 

Leave a Comment