Elle's Studio: Product Focus: May Kit plus Knockout Words Die Set




 

Hi Creative Friends! 

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio awesomeness! 

Today I'm shining the product spotlight on one of my favorite, must-have items from the May release - the fabulous Knockout Words Metal Die Set! 

This metal die set is absolutely aaah-may-zing and perfect for all types crafty projects! 

The Knockout Words Metal Die is great for creating shaker pocket words & titles, card sentiments, making your own star and heart embellishments, and even decorating PL pocket pages with! But for today's post, I'm sharing how simple it is to incorporate this Metal Die Set into your everyday memory keeping pages! 

Here's what I've created with the Knockout Words Metal Die

"Favorite Moment" - 12x12inch scrapbook layout


Oh how sweet & fun! Favorite moment, indeed!

Other Supplies: White Bazzill Cardstock - Avalanche, & Sewing Machine Stitching.

Let's take a closer look at how I've used the Knockout Words Metal Die in three different ways on my layout...




1. Create a big title that packs some punch! 

I couldn't resist using the negative cuts from the Knockout Words Metal Dies to form my 'favorite moment' title with the Good Times Paper Stack. I used the deep blue pattern paper to make this punched out title look even more striking and effective! I could have also backed these die cut words with another pattern paper or even some clear acetate, but instead I opted to messily machine stitch through mine to compliment my overall page design. 


2. Create your own custom embellishments!

With such a loving theme to my page's story, it was an obvious decision to make my own heart die cuts from the heart shaped Knockout die. Again, I used a Good Times pattern paper with the die set, but cork, vellum and fabric would have been a terrific option for this too! The star die in the Knockout Words Metal Die set could also incorporated this way. 


In keeping with my distressed and messily machine stitched page, I also stitched my custom created hearts onto my layout. Repetition and continuity in design is everything to me! 



3. Use the Knockout Words alphas to create your own sentiments/journaling! 

Beneath my photo cluster is the machine stitched, & die cut sentiment 'love you more', which I created from combining the Love You, Favorite and Moment word dies. I rearranged the die cut alphas to make a phrase/sentiment that suited my story and needs - simple but such a great way to maximize this versatile metal die set! 


Simple, striking and really easy ideas to use the Knockout Words Metal Die set in your everyday scrapbook projects! 

I really hope my project has inspired you to get creating with this awesome die set today!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, 

til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 

Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment