Hip Kit Club February Kits Scrapbook Inspiration - Recipe Challenge!







Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Hip Kit Club inspiration!

Today I am sharing my take on the HKC Weekly Challenge featuring the February 2021 Hip Kits! 

This week's challenge is this super fun recipe...

 

Oh how fun is this?! Plus the Hip Kit Club Design Team have the added challenge of documenting a 'place' (no people to feature in our photographs!) Wow, that's a great challenge!

Here's what I came up with,

"This Is My Happy Place"

 

Sigh! This place, this beach - it truly is our little piece of paradise! I feel so fortunate to live in such a beautiful location & documenting it with the gorgeous February 2021 Hip Kits made it even more pleasurable! There are lots of lovely details to this layout - let's take a closer view...

 

 

So stunning! I just adore this fresh and contemporary color scheme for Summer themed pages!

If we work through the recipe check list, I used a mix of pattern paper, Pinkfresh Studio: Some Days collection Chipboard Flair, Simple Stories: Hello Today Decorative Brads and even the Pinkfresh Studio: Some Days Enamel Dots to meet the 'circles' requirement. I fussy cut the paper circles from the Hip Kit Club: Heartfelt collection paper called, Yours Forever. The blue is really striking with the woodgrain and Pinkfresh Studio: Some Days lemon Die Cuts, and who can resist a heart pattern? (especially given my love for this special place!).  So lots, and lots of circles to my design, but then with so many beautiful things in the February 2021 Hip Kits - why not?!

 

Next on the recipe list is to use at least 3 patterned papers. It's always easy to incorporate a few paper designs into every page as the Hip Kits are so carefully curated that everything coordinates perfectly! I took inspiration from the colors and textures in my photograph, and used the B sides of the Hip Kit Club: Heartfelt papers - Love Connection (woodgrain print) and Cross My Heart (soft gray print). It's no secret that I love a good woodgrain print, and this one had my heart! The third paper was the Yours Forever print, which when teamed with the lemon yellow, crisp Bazzill White Cardstock, and the soft gray and woodgrain was a match made in heaven! (or at least, perfect for documenting my paradise on Earth!) Also, to enhance the woodgrain look, I couldn't resist framing my photo with that fabulous Simple Stories: Hello Today Chipboard Frames courtesy of the February 2021 Embellishment Kit. Love it!

 

 

Those Pinkfresh Studio: Some Days Floral Die Cuts are also worth a special mention! I associate lemons with all things Summer - so they were the perfect adornment to my beach paradise page!

The next recipe item is 'hidden journaling'. I actually do this on all my layouts, normally as a letter to my children on the back of my page. That isn't particularly inspiring though, so for the sake of today's challenge, I opted for something different! I created a pocket by gluing only the very edges of the top, bottom and left hand side of my framed photo.  This allowed me to slide in that sweet  Hip Kit Club: Heartfelt Die Cut Tag  which I adhered my typewriter journaling onto. Simple, but so effective!  Here's a closer look at it...

 

Pockets are a really easy way to hide your journaling, memorabilia and even more personal photos!

 

 

The final item on the recipe is 'one big title'. There are a couple of ways to interpret this;  use only one very large word for your project title OR, make one really big title with lots of words - like I did! The soft blue color of  the Pinkfresh Studio: Some Days - Puffy Alphabet Stickers were a subtle touch to my page, and prevented that 'big title' from dominating my design.

 

 

Simple, beautiful Summer creating for the Hip Kit Club Weekly Challenge with the February 2021 Hip Kits! 

I really hope my layout has inspired you to create with this recipe too! 

Please be sure to upload your creations for this challenge in the Hip Kit Club Facebook Group HERE! Not only will you have fun and inspire others, but you'll also go in the draw for the weekly challenge prize! Yay! I can't wait to see what you'll create!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 

Amanda xo

Leave a Comment