Hip Kit Club: July 2020 Hip Kits - Card Trio





Hi Friends!

Welcome back for some Hip Kit Club July 2020 Kits inspiration!
Today I am sharing a super sweet card trio with the stunning July 2020 Main & Embellishment Kits! My DT assignment was to create cards that included stamping, stitching & fussy cutting, yay! So.much.fun! I love to get a lil inky & couldn't resist focusing on the 
This stamp set is so versatile and perfect for all kinds of crafty projects, but enough chatter, here's what I came up with......

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Aug22nd-Blog-01

Oh my heart! Could they get any sweeter?!! And talk about focusing on the Bring on the Sunshine stamp - wow! That tiny lil stamp has made a very big debut on this card trio! Creating your own custom pattern papers from stamps is such a fun, easy & effective technique to incorporate more stamping into your creating.
To keep my cards looking like a coordinating set I maintained a similar design & focal point. Each card features a foam mounted, stamped & machine stitched background with a dominant Crate Paper: Maggie Holmes Sweet Story Delights Dimensional Embellishment (rosette) in the bottom left hand side. I embellished each card with a Simple Stories: Kate&Ash Chipboard Sticker. For the fussy cutting element, I used florals from the Pebbles: Jen Hadfield Hey Hello: Happy Day paper on each card too! Other than these key design elements, each card has it's own unique look and feel. Let's take a closer look...

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Aug22nd-Blog-02

Sigh! Sooooo pretty! Shades of pink with mint & teal is a favorite color scheme of mine, and I  just had to use them for these sweet cards! I selected larger blooms from the fussy cut Happy Day paper, as well as some of the Echo Park Paper: Dive Into Summer Enamel Dotsto adorn these cards. Here's a close up view of them...

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Aug22nd-Blog-03

So sweet! 
To create the card base, I trimmed the Pink Paislee: Any Many More paper #11to 8" x 6", and scored down the 4" mark to create a 4" x 6" card. On a 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" sheet of smooth white cardstock, I repeat stamped the camera icon in mint colored stamping ink & machine stitched around the edges. I foam mounted this pretty camera cardstock onto my card base to create some extra dimension and interest. I glued the large fussy cut bloom into place, and then layered the Sweet Story rosette in the left hand corner. The Kate&Ash Chipboard Stickerswere the perfect addition for my card sentiments, and the soft pink Enamel Dots completed the card. Simple, but oh-so-lovely!

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Aug22nd-Blog-04

I used the same approach for this darling card, only this time I used the B side of the gorgeous Dear Lizzy: Here & Now Hot, Hot, Hot paper for the base. I repeat stamped the picture perfect stamp in black ink, and added a few different embellishments. You'll spot the Pink Paislee: 5th & Monaco Mixed Embellishment sequins, as well as one of theSweet Story Sticker Book stickers - both from the July 2020 Embellishment Kit. So cool!

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Aug22nd-Blog-05

This card is actually my favorite from the trio - the rich, warm yellow stamped background makes me feel so happy! That Sun Shine stamp is errrrything!!! I used the same design principles as my two previous cards, but this time I opted for tiny fussy cut florals, with a larger Chipboard Sticker bloom instead. The Sweet Story butterfly sticker is a cute addition to this bright & happy card. Love it!

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Aug22nd-Blog-06

And there you have it! 
Simple, easy to create, but oh-so-pretty cards made with the gorgeous July 2020 Hip Kits! 
I hope you'll give stamped, stitched and fussy cut featured cards a try!
 Be sure to share them with us in the Hip Kit Club Facebook Group HERE - I can't wait to see what you'll create!

Thanks so much for visiting,
til next time,


AMANDA BALDWIN-01

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment