Elle's Studio: June & July Kits - Summer Mini Album





Hi Everyone! 

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio Summer inspiration! 
Today I am sharing a super quick & easy mini album made from my 'left over' items from the 
Elle's Studio June & July releases. 
It only takes a few minutes to create this mini and it is perfect for recording those sweet Summer memories! Yay! 
Here's a lil look at my album cover.....


So bright, cute 'n' fun! 

Other: Sewing Machine Stitching,  & ribbon


The Summer Fun 6 x 8.5 inch Paper Stack papers are the perfect mix of Summer colors and patterns, and made for a terrific album cover! I decorated mine with a couple die cuts from the July Kit, one of the July Labels, a Summer Chipboard Sticker, and that cute heart veneer! 

Tip: The heart veneer is actually the 'Wild At Heart' veneer from the Adventure Wood Veneers, but I flipped mine to the blank side to better suit my project! 


To create my simple flip album, I backed the Summer Fun cover paper with the purple print from the Bright Polka Dot 6 x 8.5 inch Paper Stack and adhered together. I repeated this step with 2 more papers, so I ended up with 2 double sided 6 x 8.5 inch papers in total. I scored & folded both sheets at the 4 1/4 inch mark, and machine stitched them together across the scored line to form my album. Yep, it's that simple! And as I mentioned earlier, a great lil mini for using up all your scraps with! 
Let's look inside....

Hello, indeed! The Bright Polka Dot purple paper coordinated perfectly with the 'hello' note card from the July 2020 Kit. I chose to decorate these pages very similarly to a four, 3 x 4 inch pocket page (minus the pockets) & let my photos do most of the talking. I added a little bit of story telling with the Summer Stickers, then embellished my photos and album with a couple of the Chipboard and Summer Tape Stickers. 
Here's a closer look....


Super sweet for Summer! 

Here's the next pages...


The landscape orientation of my photographs meant that I could only fit one photo per page - but I think these pages turned out just fine! To encourage cohesion between them, I backed both photos with the light purple journal cards (courtesy of the June & July 2020 Kits) & kept to similar embellishments. This time I combined gray with the purple color palette to create a really fresh and clean look. The gray Chipboard & Label Stickers look really effective together, and the Summer Stickers were utilised again for some simple journalling. 
Love it!


The final page to this sweet Summer Mini is slightly different to the others. I have still used the same purple color scheme and mix of Chipboard, Summer Tape & Summer Stickers to embellish with but, I have also left lots of space to hand write the story. This is a really important detail to me - I want my children to write their own little sentence or two about this Summer. I think that in years to come they will really value what they've both recorded. As both of them will need to write something, I have left space on both pages. 


Such a simple, and sweet Summer Mini! 
I hope you'll feel inspired to make your own today - 
go on, it only takes a few minutes & you'll be so glad you did! 
Happy Summer Memory making!

Thanks so much for visiting, 
til next time, 



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment