Hip Kit Club: Cut File & Color Kit Inspiration Plus Process Video!




Hi Friends!

Welcome back for more Hip Kit Club awesomeness!
 I can't begin to tell you how awesome the January 2020 Hip Kit Club Cut Files are!
 I mean, seriously, SO good! 
If you know me, I can't go past florals, so I'm featuring the floral wreath cut file in my scrapbook layout today.  As I type this though, my January 2020 Hip Kits are still in transit, so..... 
for today's post I'm sharing how I have 'stretched' my December 2019 Hip Kits to make one more detailed, and very pretty page! 
I've even included a process video at the end of this post, so you can see exactly what I'm meaning ;) But first, here's my lovely take on the floral wreath cut file.....

"Cherished Pretty Girl"

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Jan29th-Blog-01

Wa wa wow!!! 
As well as being all about the florals, I'm also huge on creating very pretty things - especially when it comes to my darling girl! Isn't she the sweetest?!
For this page, you'll spy lots of floral clusters and foliage but I had used a ton of my supplies in my recent HKC mini album (watch here if you missed it), so I had to get a little creative with my 'left over' items to form all those pretty details! 
See if you can spy the snowflakes and stars forming my florals....

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Jan29th-Blog-02

Gah! It's just so gor-jus!!!!
To create this page, I started by painting up a few scrap pieces of white cardstock with the Lindy's Gang Magicals: Martina's Marigold & Andrea's Azalea (from December 2019 Color Kit).  I then used these pieces of paper to back the cut file leaves and blooms, as well as cut a few more of my own flower shapes and leaves with. 
Next, I painted the wreath 'rings' with the Lindy's Gang: Magicals in Jana's Jade - so pretty!

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Jan29th-Blog-03

I embellished the wreath with a mix of floral clusters which are created from fussy cut stars and snowflakes from the Crate Paper Snowflake Joyous Specialty Foil Accented Paper (exclusive to the December 2019 Paper Kit), So Frosty Decorative Vellum Star Die Cuts, So Frosty Mixed Ephemera, So Frosty Winter Florals and Die Cut Tags,and fussy cut shapes created from the Color Kit Magicals! To complete the look, I added the Prima Adhesive Gems to the centers of these stacked flowers - perfect! 
Don't they look fantastic?! 
A really simple but effective way to use up your 'scraps' to create more embellishments.

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Jan29th-Blog-05

I separated a few of the wreath, tree and branch pieces from the Crate Paper Copper Foil Phrase & Icon Thickersto create the appearance of more foliage around the wreath. I also added in a few fussy cut leaves which I snipped out from the So Frosty Decorative Vellum Star Die Cuts, as well as the previously painted Lindy's Gang Magicals papers. I combined these with my leafy So Frosty Winter Floral die cuts to build up the wreath and create lots of shape, interest and form.

I tucked my So Frosty framed photograph into the florals on the left hand side, and continued to embellish away! The tiny, floral, So Frosty Flair Button from the December 2019 Embellishment Kitwas the perfect adornment to my baby girl's framed photo - I just love this small, but oh so pretty detail!
HKC-AmandaBaldwin-Jan29th-Blog-06

With a shortage of letters in my Thickers supplies, I opted a mixed font title with alphas from both the December Main & Embellishment Kits. Again, a great way to combine and mix your kits to stretch them that lil bit further! For a polished and finished look, I added some soft splatters and droplets of Jana's Jade Magicals around the wreath, and a few more of the Prima Gems. Beautiful!

Wanna see more? Please watch my process video HERE



Thanks so much for watching! 
I hope you enjoyed seeing how my layout with the January 2020 Hip Kit Club Cut Files & December 2019 Color Kit came together, and that I have inspired you to get creating today! 

Til next time,


AMANDA BALDWIN-01

Leave a Comment

  1. This way my pal Wesley Virgin's tale begins in this shocking and controversial video.

    You see, Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he revealed hidden, "self mind control" tactics that the government and others used to get anything they want.

    These are the EXACT same methods tons of famous people (notably those who "come out of nowhere") and the greatest business people used to become rich and famous.

    You probably know that you only use 10% of your brain.

    That's because the majority of your brainpower is UNTAPPED.

    Maybe that thought has even taken place INSIDE your own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head about 7 years ago, while riding an unlicensed, garbage bucket of a vehicle with a suspended license and with $3.20 in his bank account.

    "I'm very fed up with living paycheck to paycheck! Why can't I become successful?"

    You took part in those types of conversations, right?

    Your success story is going to happen. All you have to do is in YOURSELF.

    UNLOCK YOUR SECRET BRAINPOWER

    ReplyDelete