Elle's Studio: Document December: Prepping Your Album!




Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio inspiration! 
Today I am so excited to share how I've prepared my Document December album, as well as give you a few top tips & early glimpses too! 

What can I say?
 I just LOVE this Season, and Buddy the Elf maybe one of my idols, ha! #nogrinchhere
This year, I'm a little time poor so I've opted for a smaller, easier album to record this year's Festivities.

Top Tip #1:   Selecting a smaller pocket size album will ensure that we don't get overwhelmed by the enormity of documenting the season. 

Here's a look at my album with a few of my fave Elle's Studio Document December supplies.....



The album is one of those 4" x 4" Instagram pocket page albums, but it was a tad boring for my liking! No surprises then that my album preparation involved quite a bit of embellishment & decoration. I started with the book plate and spine of the album, and added the year with our Red Dipped Puffy Alphabet Stickers. 


You'll also spot those cute candy canes from the Ho! Ho! Ho! Puffy Stickers and a heart from the Christmas Shapes and Dots Puffy Stickers. Super cute!  I also glued pom pom trim (from my sewing box stash) across the top of my album cover. The tiny pom poms reminded me of snow and really added a fun & playful element to the cover. 


And speaking of fun, I just loved decorating the cover! The Merry Christmas white acrylic was a perfect title & adornment for this year's album - take a peek! 


I'm so happy with how this turned out! Simple, sweet and really pretty! Those stocking Die Cut Shapes are errrything! And of course, I couldn't just do the front cover - so here's a peek at the inner cover too.


Umm, okay, wow! 
I may be completely smitten with the Document December Kit and this Season of Giving! 
It's the most wonderful time of the year, indeed! 

You'll notice that on my desk I have cut a whole lot of pattern papers to the 4" x 4" size to aid my album preparation. I have used both the Document December Kit papers, as well as one of the Noteworthy 12 x 12 Paper Collection papers too! 

Top Tip #2: When it comes to unusual sized albums, it helps to pre-cut a bunch of background papers so that all you need to do is print your photo and add a sentiment and sticker or two! 

Here's a closer look inside...


For the inside cover of my album, I combined the new Good Cheer Acetate Die Cuts with more of our Puffy Stickers. 

Top Tip #3: To avoid the appearance of glue behind the clear acetate, I used the puffy stickers to hide the spots and help hold the acetate in place.  

In keeping with my love for fabric trims and textural elements, I also added some vintage burlap lace & a couple of tassels from my stash. 


I attached the tassels to one of the album rings, and while I was there I decided to hole punch the Good Cheer Acetate star banner and thread it onto the ring as well. For maximum impact, I also threaded the large Gold Acrylic Star onto this ring as it's embellishments galore for this mini album! 

Top Tip #4: Hole punch Die Cuts & maximize embellishments with openings to use as 'dangling charms' on album rings. Great for adding interest & texture to your pages, as well as softening the appearance of the album rings. 


And lastly, but by no means least, to avoid over filling my pockets I adhered the Gold Dec 2019 Acrylic to the front of my clear pocket - not to the pattern paper base card! Such a great opening page to my super sweet DD album! 

Top Tip #5: Adhere larger embellishments to the exterior of your pockets to keep them from getting too bulky!

So it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas for me! I hope my DD album preparation has inspired you to get started on your Christmas documenting too! 

Thanks so much visiting,

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment