Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Living the Dream!




Hi Friends!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration!

This week the design team are shining the spotlight on the gorgeous UNFORGETTABLE TASSELS & BOWS. I know, what a fun assignment! 

I couldn’t wait to get creating, and I even made a process video of this layout too!

Here’s what I came up with….

“Living The Dream” 


Swoooooon!!! The UNFORGETTABLE collection has my heart!

Such a precious & beautiful layout for my two darlings! Living the dream indeed!

And nothing says ‘dream’ quite like a dreamcatcher, right? I couldn’t resist suspending the TASSELS and feather DIE CUT EPHEMERA pieces from that delicate cut file. So super pretty!

** Note: Cut file is called: Boho Dreamcatcher by Lilium Pixel SVG from the Silhouette Store **

Here’s a better look at my layout….


So very beautiful!

I started this page with a white cardstock base which I trimmed a one inch length off the left hand side. You’ll spy that I machine stitched half an inch of the beautiful woodrgrain pattern paper, CV-UF008 NATURAL BEAUTY to this side. Next, I fussy cut that darker based floral, 4″ x 6″ note card, from pattern paper, CV-004 PRETTY BITS. I trimmed this 4″ x 6″ note card so that I could butt the 6″ lengths together to create the appearance of a 12″ floral paper & then attached it to the back of the woodgrain trim. SO pretty! I love how effective this looks!

Before I adhered the Boho Dreamcatcher cut file to the page, I layered two of the larger DIE CUT EPHEMERA floral swags to the base, so that they would peek out beneath the dreamcatcher. I also removed some of the cut file feathers so that I could thread the tassels onto the cut file ‘strings’, and then covered the remaining cut file feathers with those amazing DIE CUT EPHEMERA feathers.


With the cut file prepared, I glued it onto the white cardstock base, but was careful not to glue the ‘strings’ down. By leaving the strings loose, I created a sense of realism as the TASSELS, and feathers, dangled from the dreamcatcher. This also created flow and movement, as well as soft dimension and texture! What a fabulous way to incorporate those darling TASSELS into my design! Here’s a closer look at those pretties….


They really are somethin’, aren’t they?!! And those feathers are just divine!

I embellished the rim of the dreamcatcher hoop with more pretty DIE CUT EPHEMERA florals, as well as a few fussy cut butterflies from pattern paper, CV-UF005 LACEWING. The larger butterfly is also fussy cut, but this time from pattern paper, CV-UF004 PRETTY BITS. I layered my DIE CUT EPHEMERA title, Living The Dream, over this larger butterfly & then embellished with a few of the CLEAR STICKERS too!


I framed my precious photo with one of the circular frames included in the DIE CUT EPHEMERA pack, and then foam mounted it to the center of the dreamcatcher. I love how the pattern on the circular frame reminds me of a mandala or, yes, you guessed it, the dreamcatcher! I just love repetition in design!


For finishing touches, I covered the ‘beads’ on the dreamcatcher cut file with those pretty ENAMEL DOTS, and added a tiny spot of journaling with the ACCESSORY STICKERS.


Simple. Beautiful. Amazing!!!


I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my layout! 

Clearly, it was TASSELS for the win today!

You can see more in my process video for this pretty page HERE!


Thanks so much for watching!


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment