Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight Layout & Process Video!




Hi Creative Friends!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration!
Today I am sharing my take on this week's design team theme post using the divine MIDNIGHT collection. The theme this week is....
creations that "put a ring on it". 
Think rings, wreaths, circles, dots - basically include any round element! Such a fun theme!
Here's what I came up with....

"Love This"



Oh.my.heart!!! So dreamy & divine!
The MIDNIGHT collection is so elegant &  beautiful! It's the perfect collection for documenting stories of my sweet girl!
Here's a closer look for you....


So incredibly beautiful!
I start this layout with pattern paper, CV-MN007 INKY DEPTHS - it's the perfect base! Such a stunning background paper & I just love how it reminds me of the night sky and clouds. To this paper, I trace a circle shape to create a guideline for my wreath (ring) design.


To form the wreath, I fussy cut pattern paper CV-MN001 BLOOM &GROW. I arrange these larger blooms over the traced circle, and adhere with a mix of double sided tape and foam mounting tape. This adds a sense of dimension, soft texture, and brings interest to the design.
I also fussy cut the wreath icon from the CV-MN006 ALL THE THINGS pattern paper, and adhere it to the opening of my ring design (top right corner). 
Here's a close up for you...


SO pretty!!!
Next, I pull out my gel pens, and draw a mix of sketchy leaves that are not dissimilar to that of the BLOOM & GROW pattern paper. The white gel pen is super striking on the INKY DEPTHS paper!
The scribbled leaves serve two purposes - they add a new design element (& visual stimulus) to the layout, plus they also 'build up' the wreath so that it looks full and attractive. In keeping with the whimsical feeling of the page, I add lots of tiny dots in both white, pink & blue pen.


I just LOVE how effective the gel pen looks!
Design Tip: If you like this look, but are nervous about drawing on your  layouts, you could always achieve the same look using stamps and white embossing powder.


Next, I tuck my photo into the left hand side of the wreath and decorate around it with a few ACCESSORY STICKERS. I also embellish with that fabulous FLAIR BUTTON (which also features a pretty wreath on it!). Lots of rings and wreaths and pretties on this sweet page!


With the ACCESSORY STICKERS handy, I also add some butterflies to the wreath and add a subtitle to the bottom right corner, Love you so....


For finishing touches I foam mount the Love this DIE CUT EPHEMERA title to the fussy cut ALL THE THINGS wreath, and sprinkle a few HELLO LOVELY sequins!



Voila! Beautiful creating in a matter of minutes!
Wanna see more of how this pretty page came together? 
Please watch my process video below...



Thanks so much for joining me today!
I really hope that I have inspired you to not only 'put a ring on it',
but also to make some marks & get doodling on your memory keeping projects!
'til next time,

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment