Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Sweet Happiness Layout & Process Video!




Hi Creative Friends!

Welcome back for more paper crafting inspiration!
This week the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Design Team are being asked to Turn Old Into New again, and scraplift one of our very own older pages! 
Such a fun challenge to scraplift youself - but which layout to pick?! 
In the end I chose this pretty page from March of last year....

"Precious Moment"


Precious, indeed! 
Such a beautiful layout created with the divine MORE THAN WORDS collection. I just adore this page, and am especially taken in by the delicacy & softeness, the butterflies and all those pretty pattern papers! I simply couldn't resist recreating this layout with the HAPPINESS collection and twisting it to create a brighter and bolder edition!

Here's what I came up with....

"Sweet"


Whoa!!! How gorgeous is this?! 
Definitely bolder & brighter, but also super beautiful too!
I have tried to maintain the integrity of the original design, whilst giving the layout a completely refreshing and fun new look! 
Like the original page, I have kept with the pattern paper border, and large cut file butterfly with a layered focal photograph as the key design elements. 
You'll also spy a few additional butterflies scattered around the photo too....


My layout begins with that fabulous blue paper, CV-HA003 GOOD VIBES - such a stunning pattern paper! Next I trim the gorgeous wreath paper, CV-HA005 SO FRESH to 11" x 11" and layer over the pretty blue base. I use the 6 x 8 HAPPINESS PAPER PAD and CV-HA007 EXPRESSIVE pattern paper to back the butterfly cut file (cut file is called Butterfly Wings & is courtesy of The Cut Shoppe) & then layer this large butterfly through the center of the page. 
So lovely!


Similar to the original layout is my use of a single, black and white square photo. I foam mount this photograph, and position it through the center of the butterflies wings. I also fussy cut a few smaller butterflies from pattern paper CV-HA008 BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL, and scatter them around my sweet photo.


Speaking of sweet, I use the sweet CARDSTOCK DIE CUT TITLE to both embellish my photo, & as my layout title.


For finishing touches, I add a couple more butterflies - this time from the ACCESSORY STICKERS sheet, and a sprinkling of sequins (Happy Vibes sequin mix from Spiegelmom Scraps). Gorgeous!


A really simple & sweet scrap lift of my Precious Moments layout!
You can see how it all came together in my process video HERE.



Thanks so much for watching!
I hope I have inspired you to get creating today!
til next time,



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment