Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Mixing Up Collections!




Hi Friends!
Welcome back for more beautiful, memory keeping inspiration!
Today I am sharing a layout created for the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Design Team'Mix It Up' theme!
Think old meets new, girl meets boy - you get the idea! 
Such a fun theme to create with!

Here's my layout.....

"One Of A Kind"


Wow! Isn't this gorgeous?!!
I've combined the awesome BOYS RULE collection with our newest line, HAPPINESS. I just love how fabulously they coordinate together, despite their very distinct differences! You'll spy my fave pattern papers from the BOYS RULE collection, CV-BR009 GOOD TIMES, and CV-BR008 ENTITLED (reverse side) as the background for this sweet page! I love how the blue swirls from ENTITLED mimic the water, and the fun pattern from GOOD TIMES subtly hints at the sun rising behind the water. So cool! To add more depth and interest to this layout base, I also foam mounted the water.
That fabulous cut file swan (What's Going Swan? courtesy of Cut To You) has also been backed with BOYS RULE pattern papers.  You'll spot the reverse side of CV-BR009 GOOD TIMES, as well as off cuts from CV-BR006 BOY STUFF. The swan is also foam mounted for added dimension, & to really draw attention to my sweet framed photo.
 Here's a closer look at it......


Sigh! This is just the sweetest!
My photo is embellished with a DIE CUT EPHEMERA frame from the BOYS RULE collection, and carefully tucked beneath the swan's wings. Surrounding the swan, I tuck a gorgeous arrangement of floral DIE CUT EPHEMERA pieces from the HAPPINESS collection, and then layer a floral ACCESSORY STICKER over the swan for added interest. 
The final embellishments for that decorative swan are some ENAMEL DOTS from my Cocoa Vanilla stash (possibly from MAKE A WISH & MADE OF AWESOME lines) and a foam mounted, DIE CUT EPHEMERA title, One Of A Kind
Simple. Sweet. And just a lil lovely!


To complete my darling page, I adorn the background with a mix of sequins, ACCESSORY STICKERS, and DIE CUT EPHEMERA pieces that I position in alignment with the sunburst pattern from the GOOD TIMES paper. 
Here's another view for you.....


Mixing collections needn't be tricky if you just keep to a pleasing aesthetic. 
Simple design = a beautiful result, every single time!


The HAPPINESS florals are just SO beautiful, they make everything lovely!


And there you have it! 
My fun take on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Mix & Match' theme!
I hope I have inspired you to mix & match a few of your Cocoa Vanilla Studio supplies for a fabulous new look!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
til next time, 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment