Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Cool Kid!




Hi Creatives!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration!
For today's DT assignment I am scraplifting the incredibly talented, Anna Komenda
I know, what a task! 
Everything Anna creates is pure awesomenss, and today's layout is no exception!
Here's her original layout, created for last month's Throwback Thursday.....


Told you it was pure awesomenss!!! What a stunning page!
I decided to create a boy version of it using our super cool, Boys Rule collection! 
Here's my take,

"Cool Kid"

 

How awesome is this?!! He's one cool kid, for sure!
Just like Anna's original I have opted for a pattern paper base, & made a real feature of the frames in this collection. 
Such a clever design!

The background paper is the reverse side of CV-BR009 GOOD TIMES, and I just love its textural appearance! The concrete look is so raw and edgy - perfect for more masculine memory keeping! I have used a lime and sky blue color scheme to compliment the coolness of the GOOD TIMES paper. I opt for wood grain embellishments and frames as my accent color; to add warmth and balance to my page. Awesome!

Here's a closer look......


While Anna features flowers as her core embellishment, I have used stars for mine. 
You'll spot stars from the CLEAR STICKERS, ACCESSORY STICKERS, CHIPBOARD PIECES, & even the DIE CUT EPHEMERA pack! All.the.stars for the win!!! T
o add dimension and interest to the stars, I foam mount a few of them & even layer one or two together.


But it's the layered frames that really make this layout! I have combined frames from both the DIE CUT EPHEMERA & MISCELLANY packs to create this fun look! For my photo cluster, I dress the frames with that awesome #BOYSRULE FLAIR BUTTON, a CHIPBOARD PIECES star and arrow, and my DIE CUT EPHEMERA COOL KID title.


Tucked between the layered frames are a few more EPHEMERA stars, an ACCESSORY STICKERS tab,  as well as a flag & label from the MISCELLANY pack. The #EPIC subtitle is fussy cut from pattern paper, CV-BR006 BOY STUFF & just adds that little something extra! 
Here's another view for you....


Awesome! Loving all the details here!


That FLAIR BUTTON is the best! I use it not only for cool factor, but to balance my black & white photo and camera embellishment (rule of three and all that jazz  ;)  ) To add more dimension & interest I foam mount the DIE CUT camera too!
Travelling down the page, I add a  few more stars (you can never have too many, right?), as well more layered frames......


I opt for smaller frames to avoid distraction from my focal point and photo, and embellish with the CHIPBOARD PIECES wood grain face, ACCESSORY STICKER flag, and that Super Hero EPHEMERA. Very cool!


And there you have it!
My scraplift of our amazing Anna Komenda using our Boys Rule collection! 
I hope I have inspired you to scraplift this layout too! 
You can see more of Anna's awesome creations HERE

Thanks so much for visiting,
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days,
Amanda xo

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment