Pebbles: Forever My Always, Valentine!




Hi Creatives!
My turn on the Pebbles blog, & today I am sharing some Valentine's Day card inspiration with the gorgeous Forever My Always collection! 
I just adore this holiday! 
Nothing more beautiful than proclaiming your love (or secret admiration) to that special someone! 
I am so blessed to have three very special people in my life; a loving husband, and two darling children! I have created a trio of Forever My Always cards to surprise them with....


Oh aren't they something?!  3 pattern papers, three very pretty cards!
Here's how to recreate them!
Start with trimming up pattern paper, XOXO Quotes. The 3x4 journal cards on this paper make card making a dream! Select which sentiments work best for your beloved - everything in this line coordinates beautifully, so any of the XOXO Quote cards will be perfect!


Tip: I even trim the reverse (pattern side) of the barcode strip, to use in my cards too!


My card 'planning' starts off by arranging pattern papers with the trimmed 3x4 journal cards, and a few pieces of ephemera....


I like to shuffle my pattern papers around and make sure I'm happy with my design before I start gluing.
I just LOVE the combination of the diagonal stripe paper, Follow Your Heart and floral print, Sprinkled Blossoms, so I decide to use them as my feature papers on all 3 cards.
Here's my first card which is for my One True Love, "I Think About You A Lot"....


SO pretty!
To recreate:
1.Trim pattern paper Follow Your Hear to 8 1/4" wide x 6" long. Score and fold in half to create your 4" x 6" card.
2. Trim pattern paper Sprinkled Blossoms to 4" wide x 3 1/2 " long.
3. Adhere pattern papers together ( as shown below)


4. Tape the journal card and ephemera into position. Use adhesive foam dots for the sentiment, to make it 'pop'.
5. Embellish with a sewn button, and some fabulous Forever My Always 6 x 12 Stickers. Voila!


Absolutely perfect, indeed!
Next up is this fun Valentine for my tween-age daughter, "Heart Mail".....


Still loved up and oh-so-pretty,  but much cooler for a young girl!
Here's how:
1. Trim pattern paper Sprinkled Blossoms to 8 1/4" wide x 6" long. Score and fold in half to create card base.
2. Trim pattern paper Follow Your Heart to 3 3/4" wide x 5 1/2" long.
3. Attach pink satin ribbon to Follow Your Heart Paper, & then attach the XOXO Quotes sentiment card. Using the same ribbon, add a bow to the top of the 3 x 4 card. (shown below)


Tip: To make this card less formal and more 'young 'n' fun', I use my Becky Higgins Project Life Corner Rounder Punch on my 3 x 4 card. Such a simple, but effective result!
4. Using thick foam tape, attach the Follow Your Heart embellished paper to the Sprinkled Blossoms card base.
5. Embellish with the Heart Mail 6 x 12 Sticker & a few buttons from your sewing kit.


Love it!
Last, but by no means least, is this lovely card for my darling Mister 5, "You're Pretty Much My Favorite Person"....


This is just gorgeous!
1. Trim white cardstock to 8 1/4" wide x 6" long. Score and fold in half to create card base.
2. Trim pattern paper Sprinkled Blossoms to 4" wide x 3 3/4" long.
3. Trim pattern paper Follow Your Heart to 3 1/2" wide x 5 1/2" long.


4. Tape the Sprinkled Blossoms paper to the bottom of the cardstock base. Attach satin ribbon to Follow Your Heart paper, and then tape this pattern paper over the top of the Sprinkled Blossoms and white cardstock base, as shown below.


5. Apply foam dots to the XOXO Quotes 3 x 4 card, and then position over the ribbon trim.
6. Embellish with lace trim, button & twine and another of those fabulous 6 x 12 Stickers.
   
Voila! Three papers, 3 very special Valentine's Day cards.
 

I hope I have inspired you to get creating with our beautiful Forever My Always collection!

Thanks for stopping by today!
til next time, 
Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo


Supplies:

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment