Pinkfresh Studio: All About the Blues!!!




Hi Everyone!

I am super excited to be inspiring you all to use the blues in the latest Pinkfresh Studio collections! Whether it's the whimsical Escape The Ordinary, or the edgy Boys Fort collection Pinkfresh Studio has a blue for every occasion ;)
Did I mention that blue is my favourite colour? LOL.
I am always inspired by the varieties of blues in collections & how I can incorporate them into different color schemes and designs.
But enough chatter, let's start with something  very girly and pretty....
"Doer. Dreamer. Believer"
Oh swoon!!!
Isn't this the prettiest?!!!
As soon as I saw the gorgeous pattern paper, WANDER, I knew I had to make a feature of it! The diagonal design is such a striking one, and layering that diagonal paper edge with my sweet photograph and those LAYERED TAGS balanced it perfectly! Speaking of balance, this blue needed a little warmth to it - so I introduced the peachy pink tones and gold foil embellishments for added impact. 
The mixed media element really adds that wow factor, and supports this pretty color palette.
I have used the stunning Shimmerz Paints: Paste-eez in Peach Fuzz and applied it over a mandala stencil. Before removing the stencil, I also added a light spritz of Vibez in Pop Art Pink for a little more interest. Those stunning blue ink droplets are Shimmerz Paints: Spritz in Blue Sapphire - so pretty! As it is a feminine page, I have also featured the STITCHED HEARTS, and embellishments featuring butterflies & blooms! So girly and gorgeous!
Let's take a closer look......
Aren't those PUFFY STICKERS just divine?!! I love the watercolor prints, and the matte finish adds a level of sophistication to them. Very cool! 
The gold foil accents on both the LAYERED TAGS and GOLDEN FOILED WOOD ALPHAS continue that 'classy' feel as they add a grown up approach to bling. The tag with the XO inspired my use of the alphas, and added another layer to my design process.
The PHRASE STICKERS were totally on point when it came it adding sentiments to my layout, and described my Miss perfectly!
Those tags are so awesome! I originally intended to use them for card making, but they're just so good that I had to make a feature of them on this layout! La la LOVE them! And to think, all this inspiration and intention from one beautiful blue patterned paper! Loving the blues in Escape The Ordinary!
My next 'blue' layout is with the masucline Boys Fort collection,
"Hero"
How grungy and bold is this cool kid layout?!!
An entirely different look and feel to the previous layout, and yet still drawing on blue! 
This time, my layout design was inspired by the awesome FABRIC PENNANTS. Such a cool embellishment, and coordinating perfectly with my photo direction & the triangle designs in Boys Fort too! 
I rotated pattern paper THUMBS UP so that the triangles were all aligned, and resembled arrows to direct your eye across my page. There were coordinating triangle DIE CUTS that I also added to support this look. 
I mounted my photograph on layers of 6 x 6 PAPER PACK papers, and again drew on both shades of blues and triangles. To add more 'edge' and masculinity to my layout, I created the mixed media background, using texture & bold brush strokes that also travel across the page. 
Instead of gesso, I have used Shimmerz Paints: Acri-Tonez: 3 Sheets 2 The Wind and applied it with a palette knife. Once dry, I painted those gorgeous brush strokes with Spritz: Sapphire (yes, I think this Shimmerz Paints colour may be a new fave of mine!)
Here's a closer look for you.....
So cool!
Lots of awesome embellishments here too - the SCREEN PRINTED WOOD STICKERS are a new favourite of mine! And they compliment the WOOD BUTTON STICKERS so well! I also featured my lil boy's initial in the MINI ALPHA STICKERS for extra fun! Speaking of sticker fun, how about those masculine PHRASE STICKERS?!! These stickers are so bold and strong, and just perfect for any boy or man in your life!
Let's hear it for the Boys!
This collection is really striking and packs a punch! LOVE it for my cool boy!
And there you have it! 
Two very different collections, two very different looks but both featuring beautiful blues!
I hope both my layouts have inspired you today!

Thanks so much for stopping by, 
til next time, 
Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment