Hip Kit Club - January Mood Board Inspiration!






 Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Hip Kit Club awesomeness!

Today I am sharing some Winter themed inspiration with the gorgeous HKC: January Mood Board! 

My December 2020 Hip Kits may have only just arrived, but that didn't stop me from crafting up a crisp Winter Wonderland layout for today's post!  

But before I get too excited, here's a reminder of what the January Mood Board looks like...

 

 

So gorgeous! The board was created by our amazing Anke Kramer, & it's such an icy delight to behold! Love it!  And here's what it inspired me to craft...

"Winter"

 

 

Oh my heart! Ice, Ice Baby! Winter love, indeed! As soon as I laid eyes on the beautiful, exclusive Hip Kit Club, Keeping Cozy 'Frozen Sky' paper, I knew I would cut it up and create a concentric design with it! I mean seriously, that paper is errrrrrything!!! Hip Kit Club exclusives are always my faves! Let's take a closer look....

 

 

It really is somethin', aint it?! As you can see, I was totally inspired by the center, 'Hello, Winter" image, and used it to create my  overall layout design. A circular snowflake arrangement on a square background, with the focal point in the center. I also loved the notion of going concentric - starting large and getting smaller, and making your eye travel to the center of the page. With these design ideas in mind, I chose the pretty  Keeping Cozy: Northern Lights pattern paper for my layout base. It's washy gray blue color, and tiny snowflake pattern made for a beautiful border and starting point for my page! My next layer, or smaller square if you like, was a sheet of White Bazzill Cardstock (courtesy of the December 2020 Cardstock Kit) which I trimmed to 11.5" x 11.5" and machine stitched onto the Northern Lights base.

 

I trimmed down the Frozen Sky paper to 11" x 11" & cut out the circular center of this print too! I backed it with foam tape, and adhered it to the White Bazzill Cardstock layer. My concentric square layers were now complete! I chose to enhance the newly transformed circular design by adhering all the Keeping Cozy: White Puffy Leaf Stickers under, over and around the fussy cut circle rim. Yes - it took the entire packet - but doesn't it look awesome?!! Some embellishments are truly beyond words (& that's exactly why you always need to order the Embellishment Kit too!) Amazing!

 

 

I machine stitched my next circle into place, and then used this detail as a guide for my foam mounted, Keeping Cozy: Floral Ephemera leaves and Metallic Puffy Stickers title. So much soft texture and dimension to this page!

 

 

I framed my photograph with that stunning Keeping Cozy Chipboard Sticker wreath, and then positioned my photo onto that sweet Floral Ephemera wreath.  For maximum impact, I foam mounted these final circular layers to the center of my page. To add that 'extra' something, I added a Keeping Cozy Cardstock Bow in a similar color to the wreath.

 

 

That bow!!! So adorable & the perfect finishing touch to my darling's photograph! I also embellished with a couple more of those shiny Metallic Puffy Stickers, and a chipboard heart or two! Beautiful! Here's a couple more close ups for you...

 

 

I just love that shiny silver title - so cool, crisp & icy!

 

 

SO many beautiful details and layers created with the divine December 2020 Hip Kits! 

I hope my layout has inspired you to create something today! 

Please be sure to share your Hip Kit projects with us in the Hip Kit Club Facebook Group HERE - we love seeing what everyone makes!

Thanks so much for visiting! 

til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 

Amanda xo

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment