The Cut Shoppe: Fresh Squeezed Summer Layout!





Hi Friends! 
Welcome back to the Happy Arty Days blog! 

Today I am sharing a bright & colorful layout for
The Cut Shoppe!
At the moment it's Summer break in my part of the world - 
think balmy sunsets at the beach and sipping ice cold lemonade! 
My favorite time of year!

For today's layout I am sharing a lil Summer sunshine & warmth with the

"Summer Days"


Whoa, talk about a burst of sunshine! 
This layout is a pop of bright, fun colors and just screams all things Summer! Yay! 

How totally awesome is the Fresh Squeezed cut file?! 
It comes in 2 sizes in the one download too (12 x 12" & 8.5 x 11")! Ideal for all your paper crafting needs!
For today's layout I have cut mine in the 8.5 x 11" size.
Here's a closer look at it.....

 

Love it! You can get the Fresh Squeezed file from The Cut Shoppe HERE 

For this layout, the Fresh Squeezed file was cut in white cardstock, which I hand colored with Shimmerz Paints. I actually used three shades of yellow paint: Spritz: Chick-a-Dee, Vibez: Sunset Strip & Coloringz: Lil' Yellow Skool Bus. These colors coordinate & blend together beautifully - they really make the Freshly Squeezed cut file 'pop'! 


Instead of backing the lemons with pattern papers, I choose to support the file with a messy, mixed media base. I paint a layer of white gesso, and while it's still wet I add a very watery layer of peachy pink watercolor paint. This creates subtle color for beneath the cut file. I also add lots of pretty paint splatters and droplets in the yellows which I sprayed my cut file with, as well as Shimmerz: Royal Red & Bubblegum Blast too! Messy never looked so pretty! 


I use Echo Park's Good Day Sunshine collection for my layout, as the colors in this collection compliment my photo beautifully (& there may just be a lemon ephemera or two in this line too!)
Here's a few close ups for you.....


So happy together, indeed! Summer break is the BEST!!!
I embellish the cut file with a mix of die cut ephemera, cardstock stickers, chipboard stickers and lots of enamel dots! 


Such a bright & fun page! 
The Fresh Squeezed cut file is perfect for documenting our Summer memories with! 
I hope you feel inspired by my creating today, 
& that my page brings some warmth to my Northern Hemisphere friends :)

& check out more amazing designs in The Cut Shoppe while you're there!

Needing Shimmerz Paints?
Pop my name AMANDA in the comments section of your store order HERE
& you'll receive a FREE paint!
(no minimum spend, not valid with any other promos/code, & code has unlimited use)
Yay for free paint!

Thanks so much for stopping by today,
til next time,



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment