Paper Issues: *NEW CHALLENGE* Try It Tuesday






Hi Happy Arty Days Friends! 

Welcome to another brand new, super fun Paper Issues challenge:

TRY IT OUT TUESDAY

( & it's hosted by yours truly!)
 Yep, I'm upping my efforts, and hosting 2 challenges now on the Paper Issues blog!
 Please support me & play along!
I promise they're super easy and tons of fun
PLUS every time you enter, you go in the draw to win a Paper Issues gift card - YAY!!!

This challenge is all about giving something new or different, a good old fashioned go!

This month we're going to try.....

Just Add Water

Simply use water soluble or washable markers, paints, gelatos or even stamp pads & inks and apply water to them. Watch how they react!!! Tilt ur page and watch the colours run!
Super fun and a cool result too!

Here's a quick 'how to' if you're not sure what I am meaning....



Draw, scribble, make marks with your NON waterproof pens. You'll see that I used my 4 year old son's Crayola Washables for mine - they work really well for this technique!



Apply water!
I wanted to maintain my shape, so I added lots of water and used brushstrokes for mine. I didn't tilt my page, but I did use the water puddles to wet my brush and splatter with.
If you're more adventurous, try a misting spray bottle, and hold your cardstock upright and watch for the colour runs!!! Awesome!
*If paper warping bothers you, be sure to use a heavier gsm cardstock, or apply a layer of gesso first.
For the record, I used the regular American Crafts 80gsm cardstock for this layout, the warping was minimal*

I hope you'll join us this month, and try this fun technique out!

Here's my completed layout,

"Lovely"

Isn't the result spectacular?! Who would've thought toddler markers could be so effective! 
I've teamed mine up with Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection, and a sweet Bitty Bow from Cocoa Vanilla Studio! Divine! 
Here's a closer look......


Blooms, butterflies and hearts! *sigh* All the pretty things!!!
I always intended to use this collection, so when I made my 'marks' I tried to mimic the flight path of the butterfly. Kinda adding a little whimsical feel to it all! 


So soft and pretty! 
Who needs watercolour paint when you have markers?! 

Wanna see some more inspiring layouts from our incredibly talented team? 
Visit the Paper Issues blog here  - our design team never fail to inspire! 

I can't wait to see what you'll TRY for this edition of Try It Tuesday!

Upload your creations HERE in the Paper Issues Friends & Fans Facebook Group May Challenge album & go in the draw to win a Paper Issues gift card!!!

Need supplies? Visit the Paper Issues store here 
& REMEMBER: Use my code AMANDA & you'll save 20% off your total spend! Yay!


Thanks so much for visiting!
til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment