Scrap and Play Challenge #2




Hi Happy Arty Days Fans! 
I have some very exciting news to share with you today;
I am now on the Design Team of Tammi Bennett's awesome new challenge blog, Scrap & Play!
So excited! 
Please be sure to check out the official announcement, & take a look at the other super talented designers who made the team. They're all amazing!!! 
(You'll definitely want to join in on the challenges with us, & there are some fabulous prizes too!)

Speaking of challenges, here's my take on Challenge #2 over at Scrap & Play. 

Challenge #2 is a word play challenge & the word is: FLOWERS
I ended up doing two pages for this challenge - 
I loved both, but my first layout was just, well, too orange for my liking! 
So have a look, and be sure to let me know which one you preferred. 
First up, my orange page, "Together"
See if you can spot my items.....
F - Frame & flowers
L - Lace, love charm, lines and layers
O - Orange layout
W - Wire 
E - Enamel dots & embellishments
R - Rick rack ribbon 
S - Stickers & spray mist. 

Here's my layout....

Love these two sooooo much!!! 
I know, it's very orange......
 But I like that it took me out of my comfort zone!
& while I'm still no fan of orange (yuk!) I really do love this page!

Here's a closer look at the title;

it's cut from Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope stickers. 
The papers are all from Basic Grey's Hey Boy range.

And how pretty are those flowers?!
The flowers are Kaisercraft Paper Blooms & Mini Paper Blooms in Coconut. 
That divine miniature frame is Melissa Frances and those enamel dots are MME. 
Okay, enough of the orange! 
See if you can find these features on my second page, "This Makes Me Smile"
F - Flocked paper, & flowers
L - Lace, love & labels
O - OMG stamp
W - Washi tape & wooden peg
E - Enamel dots & embellishments galore!
R - Rhinestones
S - Stamps, & stickers 

Here it is........
Love this page! 
So many embellishments highlighting that beautiful, happy moment!
Let's take a closer look...........
How cute is that Amy Tangerine wooden peg?!
The papers are all from Kaisercraft's Kaleidoscope range, as are the fabulous die cuts & title stickers.

The flowers featured are all Green Tara - soooo pretty!

& those pretty pink rhinestones are actually Couture Creations Gemstones;
nothing like a lil bling to add that finishing touch!

Wow! Loads of inspiration & what a fun challenge!
There's a fantastic prize up for grabs & you've got til the end of the month to get your entry in!
So why not give it a go?! 
Please let me know which layout you preferred - I love to read your comments!
Thanks for visiting everyone,

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 




Leave a Comment

  1. Hi.. I am new to your blog! And I really do not know which one of these layouts I prefer, they both have wonderful aspects about them.. and I will pop over and check out that challenge too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy, Thanks for visiting Happy Snaps and Scraps & for leaving such a kind comment. Hope you will visit again soon :)

      Delete
  2. way to go!!! you rocked it twice!!! super fun takes on both of them!!! I couldn't even pick a fave, they are both AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to be on the CMS team with you!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your layouts are fantastic! I especially love the orange page. Thanks for joining the Paper Wings Productions challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amanda!
    I actually really love the orange! But I have only boys so orange gets used a lot in every aspect of life. I love the detail of the cut paper to reveal the opposite pattern. I think that breaks it up a bit.
    anyway, love your style! Great blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete