Elle's Studio: More June Kit Inspiration!





Hi Friends!

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio: June Kit inspiration!
Summer is my favorite season, & I just couldn't resist adding a lil sunshine into today's layout -  
Here's what I'm talkin' 'bout....

"Summer Snapshots"



For the love of Summer, sunshine & sunbursts! 
Whoa! 
The June Kit is outta this world!

Other Supplies: White Bazzill Cardstock, & Pale Blue Tissue Paper

Let's take a closer look at this striking sunburst page....


Inspired by the theme & colors of my family photograph, I knew I wanted to create a page that evoked all the Summer vibes. As soon as I saw the yellow sun pattern paper in the Summer Fun Paper Pack, I knew I would have to use it! 
However, unlike my usual butting of two papers together to create the illusion of a full 12" paper, I had to get a little creative to make this design work. 

To form the sun, I had to trim the first sun paper to 6 inches long, and then rotate the second sun paper, and trim it to 6 inches wide. Now, when combined these two sun papers became one large radial 6" x 12" sun  - awesome! 
To add extra dimension, & texture to this sun, I cut along all the sun rays, distressed all the edges and foam mounted all the pale yellow segments. For added impact, I also added a half inch trim of the blue striped pattern paper (also from the Summer Fun Paper Pack) beneath this sun. 
To keep my design uniform, I lightly distressed the edge of this paper too. 
So effective!


I layered my photograph onto a couple of the 3" x 4" note cards from the June Kit, some pale blue tissue paper from my stash, and some of that gorgeous blue striped paper. Into these layers, I tucked in a few embellishments - die cuts, June Labels and even that fussy cut 'summer fun' circle. 
I wanted to use the Summer Fun circle as a feature embellishment as it combined the sun design with the blue colors and also aided to anchor my photo cluster onto that circular sun. 
Such a fun way to use the June Kit journal cards! 


I cleverly positioned this photo cluster over the center of the sun for two key reasons. 
1. So that your eye would be drawn directly into my photo
and 2. To cover the paper joins & enhance the illusion of 12 inch papers. 


Drawing on the natural sand color in my photograph, and a need to balance out all that bright pop color, I mixed the Summer and Vacation Wood Veneers and added them to my design. 
The Summer Snapshots veneer fitted beautifully across my photo and formed the perfect title! 


To further enhance the sun design, I used a mix of circular embellishments throughout my page, and even scattered some puffy sticker dots (from the Tiny Shapes & Dots Puffy Stickers released in May) too. Those little pops of teal created a point of difference between the dominant blue & yellow, and added that extra interest. 


For finishing touches, I added a spot of journaling with the Summer Stickers
Such a simple, yet super striking page to document my family's Summer story! 
I hope I have inspired you to start documenting your Summer stories with the fabulous
  Elle's Studio June Kit & new releases! 
Thanks so much for visiting,
til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment