Hip Kit Club: Color Challenge & Process Video!





Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Hip Kit Club inspiration!
 Today I am sharing my take on the HKC color challenge! 
I had so.much.fun! 
The April 2020 Hip Kits are nothing short of ahhh-MAY-zing, but rather than rave, 
here's a look at my take on the Color Challenge: yellow, pink, dark pink & aqua....

"Sweet Happy Summer Days"


HKC-AmandaBaldwin-May22nd-Blog-02

Oh.my.heart!!! 
As soon as I saw the Carta Bella: Summer Market collectionpick-up truck filled with flowers, I knew I would have to create one of my very own! I mean seriously, does it get any cuter?!! And how sweet with my two darling's photo positioned in amongst all those gorgeous florals! 
Love it!

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-May22nd-Blog-01

The Crate Paper: Maggie Holmes: Sweet Story: Sweetest pattern paper was too pretty to refuse and I just had to have it for my layout background! Soft and pretty pink papers are one of my faves! The Carta Bella: Summer Market: Summer Day Floral paper from the April 2020 Main Scrapbook Kit was just begging for fussy cutting, plus the colors in the florals matched the color challenge. Needless to say, I snipped them out to 'fill' the back of my truck!

To create my pick up truck, I sketched up a quick stencil template in plain paper, and checked I had my proportions correct. Once happy, I overlaid the template onto the Bazzill Sparkle Bling Cardstock (April 2020 Cardstock Kit)and cut away! For the rear window and tires, I used some black cardstock from my stash - but you could easily paint or color the Bazzill White Cardstock to get the same result. I used a white gel pen to add a few highlights to these features too!

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-May22nd-Blog-03

The Crate Paper: Maggie Holmes: Sweet Story, 'HAPPY' Ephemera (from the April 2020 Main Kit) was the perfect adornment for the truck's number plate. I faux bolted it onto the trailer with the Carta Bella Summer Market Enamel Dots. Sweet! 
Such a simple idea, but so effective!

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-May22nd-Blog-04

I also used the Sweet Story Ephemera to back my photo onto, and create a frame. I embellished my lovely photo with an ephemera bow and Summer Market Adhesive Brad, as well as more fussy cut florals and the 'favorite' Summer Market Chipboard Sticker.

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-May22nd-Blog-05

To add more playfulness and whimsy to the page, I adhered that cute Chipboard bee Sticker, and some of the Sweet Story Layered Butterflies to the page as well.

HKC-AmandaBaldwin-May22nd-Blog-06

For finishing touches, I added the Sweet Chipboard & Sunny Days stickers to my title and embellished with a few more Carta Bella Adhesive Brads

You can see my page come together in my process video below. 
I really hope you enjoy watching it!
Please watch my process video here:



Thanks so much for watching! 
I hope I have inspired you to get creating with your Hip Kits & the HKC Color Challenge today!
Til next time,


AMANDA BALDWIN-01

Leave a Comment

  1. Love the colors and design on this. Super mix of flowers and details. What a great page!

    ReplyDelete