Elle's Studio: May Kit - Pocket Pages Inspiration!





Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio inspiration!
Today I am sharing something a lil different and out of my comfort zone - pocket pages!

I have always admired pocket page documenting, but I've always been daunted by having to fill so many pockets with photos and text. I mean, I'm kinda minimalist when it comes to this sort of thing and if I do have lots of photos, I tend to make a one-off mini album. 
Not to mention, I just don't have the time to fill a 12 x 12 double pager every.single.week - eeek! 
I'm hyper-ventilating just thinking about that level of commitment! 
Fast forward to today, & the smaller format pockets and albums now available are winning my minimalist heart! 
Finally I can document the 'everyday' moments with quick & simple pockets in a matter of minutes, plus I can still add in the occasional 'paper' page as well! 
The Elle's Studio May Kit and new release products are so beautifully coordinated that they make this form of memory keeping so easy! 
At last, I've found my pocket page heaven! 

Here's how I am documenting the special guys in my life....

"The Boys" Everyday Moments Pocket Album



Other Supplies: Staz On - Black Ink, Staples, Life Crafted Album - Sapphire Blue. 

So awesome! 
As my album is dedicated to documenting 'The Boys' everyday moments, I opted for a more masculine color scheme with blues, black , white & gray. 
To add a pop of color I also introduced yellow into the mix - but not on the opening pockets. 


As a scrapbooker and mini album lover, I couldn't resist creating a opening cover page for my album too! I used the blue paper from the Flourish 6 x 8.5" Paper Stack as my base and layered it with the love this story 6 x 4" notecard from the May Kit, followed by more Flourish papers and two of the 3 x 4" note cards. I stapled the die cut stars from the May Kit onto the note cards, and then embellished with black Puffy Heart Stickers, and my Cerulean Blue Puffy Alphabet Stickers title. Cute!

Here's a close up of this cover page....


As you turn the cover page, you'll spy that I lined the back of it with another of the Flourish papers. Rather than waste this page, I ditched my intended pockets and simply adhered my 3 x 4" note cards onto it. So pocket page creating without the plastic pocket! That said, I was careful to align these note cards with the actual pockets on the opposite page - so everything looked cohesive and flowed!


Love it!
To keep everything looking unified, I limited each note card to no more than 2 types of embellishments. I also ensured each card had some black ink journaling - mostly using the Currently Icon Stamp, but also with die cuts, or the pre printed journaling on the cards I chose. As the photos feature our sweet doxie pup, I couldn't resist the paw icon stamp - so sweet!

Here's a look at the next pockets in my album, 


Those pops of yellow are really striking! 
However, I was limited by my color palette.
To keep everything uniform, and maintain my color scheme, you'll notice that I cut a triangle of the blue Flourish pattern paper to cover the red/pink on my 'rise & shine' 3 x 4" note card.  I also made the most of the Eat, Sleep, Repeat Printables too! 
Simple, easy pocket pages with the May Kit & Elle's Studio new products!

Oh, and if this style of pocket documenting doesn't appeal to you, the note cards could be easily arranged into a more traditional pocket page style, as shown in the images below...








Fab-u-lous! 
No matter your pocket page style, Elle's Studio has got your memory keeping supplies covered! 
I hope my non-traditional approach has inspired you! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today,
til next time,

Leave a Comment