Elle's Studio: Happy Heart Stamp Spotlight!





Hi Friends!

Welcome back for even more Elle's Studio inspiration!
 Today I am sharing more of the Happy Heart Stamp LOVE!!!
We all know that Elle's Studio offer premium, high end, clear stamps but this latest stamp is my absolute, hands down, number one new favorite!!!!
And here's exactly why...


Oh.my.heart!!! Stamping never looked so impressive! 
Absolutely sensational!


Other Supplies: White Bazzill cardstock, Umbrella Crafts Premium Dye Ink - Red, Umbrella Crafts Premium Dye Ink - Purple, Ranger Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Staz On - Black, Shimmerz Paints Vibez - Princess, Sweet Heart & Razzeldazzel Berry, White Tissue Paper. 


Here's a better look at that stamped background for you.....



Ahh-MAZING! Happy heart, indeed! 
I start this background by applying shimmering ink sprays in pinks and purples with the packaging technique. I also apply them to form a triangle shape, and fade out as they reach the edge of the left hand side. I use these very same colors to add splatters and droplets too!
Once dry, I take the confetti / polka dot like stamp and repeat stamp it in red, purple and raspberry inks. I pay particular attention to the edges of my mixed media color work, so it creates the appearance of even more paint splatters. 


Next, I apply the larger heart stamps around the painty edges, using raspberry ink for the striped heart & purple ink for the open heart. Using the same purple ink, I repeat stamp the Love You sentiment, and for added interest, I even print it inside two of the open hearts. 


I repeat stamp the XO with the raspberry ink, ensuring that it's bold in some prints and really faded out in others. The heart icon stamp is applied in the same fashion, but with red stamp ink instead. 
I have kept to the same red, purple & raspberry inks as this type of stamping can get a lil messy, and I don't want my background to distract from my photo! Using similar and like colors in mixed media backgrounds aids to soften the busy appearance. The colors tend to compliment each other and blend more. 
For a more noticeable print, & to cut through all that sweet color work, I use black ink for the Love This stamp. So striking! 


I also ink up the Wood Veneer Hearts, and strategically arrange them around my photograph so that they repeat the triangular form of the mixed media background. Repeating patterns, shape and form is very aesthetically pleasing on the eye. Repetition in this layout design avoids the mixed media base from appearing too messy or over done. 

My photo is backed with blue & purple papers from the 6 x 6 All My Heart Paper Stack, some distressed white tissue paper, a label, tag and sticker or two from the January Kit and new releases. I've kept the layering simple as there's quite enough visual stimulation with that amazing stamped background. 


For finishing touches, I apply the Black Puffy Alphabet Stickers for my rather apt title, #lovefiercely
Lol, his face says it all! 


Stamping magic!!! 

Looking for more Happy Heart Stamp inspiration?
ALL my Elle's Studio projects for January have featured this incredible stamp! 
You can see them here & even here
Yep, I told it is my number one fave stamp!!!

I hope I have inspired you to get your ink on! 

Thanks so much for visiting, 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment