Citrus Twist Kits: Let's Get Digital!






Hi Friends! 


I hope you're loving all the fabulous inspiration with the new 
I am SO excited by this new fresh look for memory keeping, 
but I am also very much a 12 x 12 scrapbooker by heart! 
So even though this month's Digital Cut Files are perfectly created for your Life Crafted album
I've edited the size of the Retro Circle Border digital file for today's post and created this.....

"Good Vibes Only"


Oh wow!!!
You can see that Life Crafted is very much for the 12 x 12 scrappers too! 

CTK Supplies: Life Crafted January 2019 Kit - Fresh Starts, Scrapbook Add On Kit, January 2019 This Is Life "New Beginnings" Stamp, Subscriber Exclusive Digital Cut File - Retro Circle Border, Subscriber Exclusive 2019 January Printable.  

Other Supplies: Shimmerz Paints: Vibez - Jeni Be Bleu, Hermit the Frog, & Deep Blue Sea, Umbrella Crafts Premium Dye Ink - Green, Versa Ink - Lime, & Bakers Twine. 

TIP: 
To download any of the CTK Subscriber Exclusive Digitals or Printables, you must be signed into your CTK account, before selecting the Subscriber Workshop tab. Once you've done this, scroll down the page and click the item you wish to download. 

To create this amazing layout I start by enlarging the digital file, and replicating it. This is so I have two sets of circles to work with. Before I remove the Retro Circles Borders from my cutting mat, I treat them with a few sprays of Shimmerz Vibez - as shown below.....



Lots of messy fun here! 
You'll notice that I have washi tape on the sides of my cardstock, the purpose is two fold. 
1. My mat isn't quite as sticky as I'd like it to be, so the washi tape aids to keep my cardstock in position and, 
2. It also aids against paper warping when I add all that paint. 
Once dry, I remove the Retro Circles Borders cuts, as well as the negatives. Be sure to keep the negatives, as I use quite a few of these left over circles on the left hand side of my layout.


I use pretty pattern papers from both kits to trim the top and base of my layout. Next, I glue 95% of one Retro Circle Border to my page, trimming away the excess along the right hand side of my layout. Using the gorgeous leaves stamps included in the "This Is Life" New Beginnings Stamp, I add lots of lime and green foliage to the layout base. Those stamped leaves are really something! Such beautiful details! 


Next, I glue down the left over 'negative cuts' from the Retro Circles Borders, and foam mount the odd one or two. I just love how effective this looks! With circles as a dominant shape in my design, it seemed a no brainer to use the circular frame from the Dear Lizzy Die Cut Shapes (included in the Scrapbook Add On Kit) for my sweet girl's photo. I also needed an accent color - something with a lil warmth to balance and cut through all those cool greens and blues. The answer was that fabulous golden Hello Love chipboard sticker. This is from the CTK exclusives included in the Life Crafted - Fresh Starts Kit. And even better, it's a circle too! Love it! 


I fussy cut a few of the Dear Lizzy Die Cut Shapes so that they better suit my design. In particular, the Good Vibes Only title piece. I have snipped away the cacti so it now mimics my stamping and flatters my photo! For finishing touches, I also add that pretty green tag from the Subscriber Exclusives for January and the Tiny Word Stickers from the Life Crafted Kit. 


Simple. Beautiful. Life Crafted! 

I hope my layout has inspired you today! 
Life Crafted is all about you and your stories - so craft it your way! 
I can't wait to see what you create! 
Be sure to share your projects with these beautiful kits & Subscriber Exclusive Digitals & Printables in the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Fan Page HERE! 

Thanks so much for visiting today! 
'til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment