Hip Kit Club: Father's Day Inspiration with the May Hip Kits!




 Hi Friends! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see my take on the Hip Kit Club's Father's Day theme week! Today's post also has the added challenges of using only the May 2021 Main Kit, strictly no pink and creating your own stripes or plaid design from pattern papers! Yay, such a fun challenge! I couldn't wait to get started on creating this layout of my son and husband - taken quite a few years ago...

"All The Feels" 

 

How awesome is this?! I just love the combination of yellow, orange and soft blue - so fresh, and contemporary and really cool for my two boys! I've combined a mix of Pinkfresh Studio: Keeping It Real - A Little Chaos paper, Paige Evans: Wonders - Paper 5, and Obed Marshall's Buenos Dias Vamonos paper for my half inch paper strips. I've arranged them in a diamond design and weaved them together to really make the design and colors pop!

 

 

Those weaved paper strips are errrrything!!!

Apart from being super cool, they also form my loose interpretation of the  required 'plaid' feature. It kinda has a plaid vibe, right? You'll also notice that I've roughly rolled up the corners of my Avalanche Cardstock ( May 2021 Cardstock Kit) and backed these areas with more of the Pinkfresh Studio: A Little Chaos paper.  This messy textured paper look enhanced the masculine theme of my page and added that extra somethin'!

 

There are so many terrific pattern papers in the May 2021 Kit, that I had to feature more! You'll spy that I fussy cut the awesome Amy Tangerine: Brave & Bold - Take Note paper to build the layers beneath my photograph. That tiger is my fave! I also fussy cut Jen Hadfield's: Reaching Out - Stick Together paper to add the appearance of some taped journaling at the top left of my page. Simple approaches to incorporate more patterned papers into scrapbook pages!

 

 

Embellishing is always my favorite part, & I loved color hunting through the May 2021 Main Kit for coordinating die cuts and stickers! The Pinkfresh Studio: Keeping It Real Ephemera pack had quite a few pieces that coordinated well, but it was that Paige Evans: Wonders  Dimensional Banner that really wowed me! I mean, seriously, so good!!!

 

 

With such a vibrant color scheme, it was important that I printed my cherished photograph in black and white, and centered it through the weaved plaid design. This ensured that my photo remained the focal point of my page!

 

 

For finishing touches, I sprinkled some black sequins from my stash - but black ink splatters would have worked just as well here.

 

 

A truly wonderful page for the special guys in my life!

I really hope my May Main Kit only layout has inspired you to get creating with the fabulous Hip Kits today! 

Til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 

Amanda xo

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment