Hip Kit Club: October Mood Board Inspired Layout




Hi Friends! 

Welcome back to the Happy Arty Days blog! 

I can't wait to share another super pretty September 2020 Hip Kits project with you all! 

My latest HKC Design Team assignment was to create a scrapbook layout inspired by the October mood board and include a creative custom title - so.much.fun! But before we get started, here's a quick look at this month's mood board designed by our amazing Morag Cutts!

 

 

Such a fabulous mood board! I had so many ideas for this one that I decided to challenge myself & incorporate every image from it into my layout! Here's what I came up with,

 

"Music ON, World Off"

 

Talk about fun! This is so super playful and cute! I created this page with a mix of the September 2020 Main Scrapbook Kit, Embellishment & Cardstock Kits! So many pretties this month - I couldn't resist using a little (or a lot!) from these fabulous Kits! Let's take a better look at it all....

 

The first image in the mood board features all those amazing framed pictures. Needless to say, this image inspired me to 'frame' my own layout using that wonderful striped paper from the Crate Paper: Maggie Holmes Marigold collection.

The second image has a pink background, and those incredible Fall leaves suspended from a line of string. So no surprises that I decided to recreate that image, as well as use the Tutu Pink Bazzill Cardstock (from the September Cardstock Kit) as my layout base. To enhance my string of leaves, I centered my photo through the string line, and added the golden bows from the Marigold Lovely Phrase Stickers to 'tie-off' the ends. I love how effective this looks!

 

 

I mounted my darling girl's photo onto one of the Pinkfresh Studio Days of Splendor Stitched Elements tags, and layered a chipboard bow  from the Embellishment Kit onto both my photo & the string line.

 

 

Pardon the pun, but this bow literally 'ties' my design together! The remainder of the string line is decorated with a mix of ephemera, sticker & wood veneer leaves to mimic the mood board.  So cool!

 

 

If you look closely at my darling girl's photo you'll spy that she is 'plugged-in' and listening to her tunes.  We had headed to the beach to shake off a heavy day, and  talked about switching her music on and the world off.... and so that is the simple story behind my layout title. To customize it in a creative way, I was inspired by the mixed fonts quote on the mood board. You'll notice that it features a plain & simple font in capitals, as well as a pretty cursive font. I replicate this in my custom title, using simple, fussy cut capital letters from the Heidi Swapp Old School patterned paper Weekend Vibes, as well as the golden cursive Delightful Alphabet Stickers. To add a little more interest to the hand cut woodgrain alphas, I machine stitch them into place. This not only looks great, but also adds texture and movement to the overall design. Love it!

 

 

Such a terrific custom title!

 

 

To add balance to my layout, I anchor the base of the page with a mix of fussy cut, chipboard & sticker houses - similar to the row of houses image in the mood board. This trims the page perfectly, and looks really sweet too! For finishing touches, I add a sprinkling of gold sticker hearts from the Pebbles: Jen Hadfield The Avenue collection and last but by no means least, I add that tiny gray 'this feels good' chipboard from the Pinkfresh Studio Days Of Splendor collection. This last little adornment is inspired by the circular, gray acorn in the final image on the board. Quite unintentionally, that last image also reflects the color scheme I used too!

And there you have it! 

Lots of beautiful images inspiring lots of different elements on my page today! 

I hope I have encouraged you to  play along with the October mood board, and get creating with our amazing Hip Kits!

Thanks so much for visiting,

til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 

Amanda xo

 

 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment