Pinkfresh Studio: Summer is....Simple & Sweet!




Hi Creative Friends! 
Welcome back to the Happy Arty Days blog!
Today I am super excited to share my first creations with the gorgeous new 
From it's soft pastel colors, to the florals and lemons, this collection is ALL the dreamy Summer vibes! I LOVE it all! 
Documenting those Summer Memories never looked so pretty!
But enough chatter, let's see what I am talking about,

Here's what I've created......
"Happy Thoughts"

*Sigh* Isn't this dreamy?! 
Such a soft and pretty page to highlight those beach memories! All the Happy Thoughts for this moment - so precious! I adore pages that feature large amounts of white space and just a pop of color to draw you in! Inspired by both the blue in my photograph, and in the Simple & Sweet collection, I decided to create the softest blue color wash beneath my photo cluster. To do this, I start my layout with white watercolor cardstock and apply a very small amount of highly diluted Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors: Sky Blue with my paintbrush. I added the tiniest amount of diluted Bubblegum Pink droplets to this base and allow to dry. I love the subtly of this type of watercolor painting. It doesn't draw your attention away from my photo; instead it gently enhances! 
Here's a closer view for you......


SO pretty!!!
Once it's dry, I begin to build up my layers onto which my photograph will be positioned. I start with a couple cut file / die cut leaf flourishes in white cardstock. These are just an added textural element to my otherwise very clean design. Onto the leaves, I add a variety of EPHEMERA lemons and floral DIE CUTS. I also add a small section of border punched, hand colored (with Liquid Watercolors in Aquamarine) trim, as well as a few sheets of pink tissue wrap. I position my photo on top of the tissue layers, and continue to embellish. I use the CHIPBOARD STICKERS Happy Thoughts sticker as my title, as well as the CHIPBOARD chevron arrows to adorn my page. A few more pieces of EPHEMERA to decorate the photo cluster, as well as white cotton thread for more of that gentle texture!  


For a more polished look, I embellish with soft pink ENAMEL DOTS & that divine mint green happy EPOXY STICKER. So.much.prettiness!!!
To complete my page as well as add more balance to my design, I include a few page defining details to the bottom right hand side of my layout.....


The CHIPBOARD STICKER sentiment was the perfect lil spot of journaling, and the chevron, cotton thread & ENAMEL DOTS brought it all together! 
Simple. Sweet. Summer. 
Love it! 

My second layout is less simple and more about the sweet - the Summer sweet treats that is! 
"Sweet Memories"


Nothing more dreamy and delicious than Summer Gelati! 
And how divine is that cut file ice cream cone?!! Adore!
For this fun and fresh page, I use the reverse side of pattern paper GOOD THINGS for my 12" x 12" base. With such a bright and playful design, this paper is just perfect for my sweet subject! 
I trim white cardstock to 11" x 11" and machine stitch it onto the GOOD THINGS base. Next I create that super sweet ice cream feature.....


The cut file is called Ice Cream Cone & is from Paige Evans in the Silhouette Store, but there are plenty of ice cream digital cut files that would work for this type of layout (and if you don't have a cutting machine, you could simply draw your design on the reverse side of the paper & then fussy cut it out ;)  ) 
To back the cut file, I use the reverse side of pattern paper SWEET LIFE to create the appearance of a 'waffle style' cone. So cool! For the soft serve section, I use a mix of colors from pattern paper HAPPY LIFE.  I just love how this looks! 
I embellish the soft serve with a faux 'cherry on top' EPOXY STICKER, and trim the EPHEMERA ticket so it only reads ICECREAM , and glue it into place. Next, I decorate the cone with die cut EPHEMERA. I use foam dots to make my Simple & Sweet subtitle pop! Super cute!
I align my large cut file ice cream so it is positioned directly beneath the chevron arrow in the GOOD THINGS base. This subtle detail creates balance and harmony in my layout design, and compensates for the over sized, out of proportion ice cream. 
 

I use the fabulous STITCHED FRAMES with FOIL ACCENTS to highlight my sweet photograph, and embellish it with a few EPHEMERA blooms. I tuck my framed photo into the side center of my ice cream and then build the remainder of my layout around this focal focal point. 
With so much color already on the page, I opt for the White Mini Alpha PUFFY STICKERS for my project title. The white on white look is so clean and fresh, and it really creates such interest against all the pastel colors. Perfect! 


I complete the page with the EPHEMERA sentiment, and tiny die cut ice cream, a few GOLDEN ACCENTS PUFFY STICKERS, and a good sprinkle of yellow ENAMEL DOTS (cos sprinkles and ice cream are the perfect match!) 

And there you have it! 
My deliciously Simple & Sweet take on Summer! 
I hope my Summer themed pages have inspired you to get documenting those sweet moments! 

Thanks so much for visiting, 
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment