Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Rad Boy!




Hi Everyone!
Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration!
Today I am sharing a closer look on my take for the second CSI - Color.Stories.Inspiration challenge layout for June!
Yes, they have 2 cases for us to solve! How fun!
If you didn't already know, Cocoa Vanilla Studio is sponsoring CSI this month, so be sure to play along with the challenges to go in the draw to win a VERY cool prize! Yay!
Speaking of challenges, here's what the second one looks like....

Such a fun and playful image to draw inspiration from!
I have been inspired by the colours, the bold pops of black, the sense of adventure and the circles! Here's what I came up with,
"Rad Boy"


OH YEAH!!! Such a cool little mister; Rad Boy indeed! 
And what a fun design too!
When it comes to my boy, it's all about challenging those rules lately - so in true boy spirit, I am breaking some of mine! I am, wait for it, mixing collections & not using a white cardstock base! Eeesh! Talk about outta my comfort zone & yes, I know, totally living on the edge! Ha!

You'll spot that I have actually mixed my two fave Cocoa Vanilla Studio boy collections - You Rock and Boys Rule! I begin with Boys Rule pattern paper CV-BR009 GOOD TIMES (textured concrete print) as my 12 x 12 base. I love how rough, raw, & edgy this paper is! Perfect for masculine pages! I then turn to the You Rock collection, and in particular, pattern paper CV-YR001 STARSHINE. I use this paper for that awesome circular cut file called Geo Globe 
(get it from The Cut Shoppe HERE)  and then fussy cut out all the 'negative' left over stars to embellish this cut file with.


I layer my sweet boy photo onto a mix of DIE CUT EPHEMERA frames, as well as a couple 3 x 4 cards which I cut from paper CV-YR006 RANDOM. Inside these layers, I slide in a couple tabs from the Boys Rule DIE CUT EPHEMERA, as well as one more fussy cut star from STARSHINE. I adorn my photo with CHIPBOARD STICKERS, and that super cool Epic RUBBER CHARM. As my photo is my focal point, I position it in the center of my layout design but maintaining the angle of the cut file design too. I add one of the new Boys Rule CLEAR STICKERS (sentiment One Cool Kid) beneath it all. I just love that pop of black!


While I have the CLEAR STICKERS handy, I use a bunch of the stars, as well as the word Epic to embellish around my cut file. These stickers are so easy to use, and look SO effective! One of my new favourite embellishments for sure!


Looking above my photograph, you'll get a closer look at the embellishments I used on the cut file. I carefully positioned those fussy cut STARSHINE stars in rows, covering the intersecting points of the file. More noticeably though, I added my CHIPBOARD STICKERS title; Rad Boy. The striking black chippies have quite an impact! SO cool! (& the font on them is so rad!)


To the left of my photograph is that very cool camera, which I fussy cut from pattern paper CV-YR006 RANDOM. To make it stand out more, and to be in alignment with my photo, I mounted it on thick foam tape. I also add another pop of black beneath it with another CHIPBOARD STICKER. Boom! Yes, this kid has boom factor, lol!


I embellish a few of the fussy cut stars with RUBBER CHARMS & DIE CUT EPHEMERA, and add just a couple more of those CLEAR STICKERS stars for finishing touches. Love it! Simple, striking and oh-so cool!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my take on the second challenge for CSI this month, and moreso, will play along with your fave Cocoa Vanilla Studio products too!
Thanks so much for visiting!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment