Pebbles: Patio Party & Big Photo FUN!!!




Hi Papercrafting Friends!

Welcome back for more beautiful and inspiring ideas with the gorgeous new 
Pebbles Patio Party collection!
 I am just a bit excited to share my latest creation with this pretty line! 
This week's Design Team assignment is all about journaling; 
but what do you do if you're not a fan of your own handwriting??! 
Never fear, I have a terrific alternative for you! 
Adding text to your photos BEFORE printing them! 
I know, it sounds fancy but I promise you, it's anything but!
Before I show how simple this technique is, let's take a look at how effective it looks!
Here's my layout, 
"Smile"


Oh isn't this the sweetest?! 
And such a fitting title! Smile indeed! 
The Patio Party collection is so bright and playful and has a darling array of embellishments and Thickers to adorn your pages with! 
I love a big photo layout, and this one really highlights the importance of a few well chosen scrapbook papers and embellishments. Gorgeous!

Here's how to recreate this look....
You'll need to start by selecting a photo that offers some white or very light space. This is important as you need to be able to read the text easily. Also, make sure that you're editing a COPY of your original image.
Once your photo is selected, start by opening up your photo editing software or photo editing app. Select to edit your photo, and then select the 'add text' option. 
Position & size your text box, and enter the story you wish to tell. 
This part requires a little bit of experimenting! 
While you're there, have a play with fonts and text size too. 
Once you're happy with the text, flatten your image and export it, or if you're using an app, save all changes. Send the image to your printer and voila!

For this specific layout I printed my photo  8' x 10", & I opted for a typewriter style font that was larger and easier to read.


Even on it's own it looks so effective! 
Similar to a digital stamp, but with your choice of words!
Next I take out my paper trimmer & cut a 12" x 12" sheet of white cardstock to 8.5" x 11", as well as trimming reverse side of pattern paper TULIPS to 8 1/4" x 10 3/4". 
You'll notice that I leave the patterned barcode strip attached to the TULIPS paper and include it in my cut. This is simply because I LOVE the contrast and interest it creates at the base of my page! 
It also helps to draw your eye into my title too!


Adhere the pattern paper to the cardstock, as shown.
And then add your 'journaled' photograph!


Big photos are FUN!!! Doesn't this grab your attention immediately?! Love it!
Next, I embellish my layout with a few carefully selected items....


I add a circle sticker from the Jen Hadfield #StickerBook (which I cut into a semi circle) before adding to the top of my page, a sweet BUTTERFLY STICKER, and lastly that incredible WOOD VENEER LAYERED STICKER. 
Small details, big impact!


For the base of my page, I add a floral sticker from the Jen Hadfield #Sticker Book, another BUTTERFLY STICKER, as well as that title from the PATIO PARTY PHRASE THICKERS!

For finishing touches, I sprinkle a few sequins onto my photograph.


And there you have it! 
A beautiful memory documented; with minimal fuss but maximum impact!
Simply gorgeous! 
Patio Party is perfect for documenting those beautiful life moments!

I can't wait to see what you'll create with this collection, & I hope you'll give journaling ON your photographs a try too!
Thanks so much for visiting today,
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

OTHER SUPPLIES:


Leave a Comment