Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Precious Moment




Hi Cocoa Vanilla Studio Friends & Fans!

My turn on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog with another oh-so-pretty look at the gorgeous
This collection is so delightful and pretty!
Simply perfect for documenting my darling daughter!
Here's her story.....

"Precious Moment"

Isn't this just divine?!! 
Precious moment, indeed!
She was rehearsing at the Festival Theatre, in front of a number of VIPs including some high profile politicians! Such an honour, and quite the 'big deal'! 
She's such a beautiful ballerina! 
A truly fabulous moment to capture & record!

What could be sweeter than all the florals AND butterflies?!! 
I love this more than words! (see what I did there?! play on words, but seriously so pretty!)

I have used that gorgeous CV-MT007 DARLING BUDS pattern paper as my 12 inch base.  I just adore this paper; it's my absolute favourite and I don't think I'll ever tire of it!!! Floral bliss! On top of this base, I layer an 11 x 11 inch white cardstock base, and add some serious watercolor love to it! This second base is then layered with that butterfly cut file, which has been backed with the 6 x 6 PAPER PAD papers (Darling Buds pattern, and it's B-side). Over this cut file, I add my sweet photo & then embellish, embellish, embellish! 
*Sigh!* All those pretty butterflies!!!
Let's take a closer look.....


You'll spot that I matte my photo onto another pattern paper from the 6 x 6 PAPER PAD
and then embellish the photo cluster with a VELLUM ACCENTS butterfly, FLAIR BUTTON butterfly, typewriter font ACCESSORY STICKER, & DIE CUT EPHEMERA tab & buttefly, as well as some cotton floss thread.


Such gorgeous adornments!
And speaking of gorgeous, how about that CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS title?!!!....


Too precious!!! That chipboard is so beautifully crafted! Love, love, love this!
I also use more of the typewriter font ACCESSORY STICKERS beneath my title as subtitle descriptors, but it's those VELLUM & DIE CUT EPHEMERA butterflies that have my attention (and heart!).....


Simply stunning! 
Those gorgeous die cut butterflies were actually the inspiration for my watercolour base. I simply lightened the palette, and applied Shimmerz Paints with the packaging technique and a few splatters too!

And before you ask, the cut file is a free one from Paper Issues called Cherish Florals. I simply enlarged the butterfly to around 9 inches in size, and cut with white cardstock. 
The 6 x 6 PAPER PAD papers are just perfect for backing cut files with!


More Than Words really does make my heart swoon!!!
For that finishing touch, I scatter ENAMEL SHAPES around my cut file butterfly....




Voila!
A positively perfect story documented with the oh so beautiful, More Than Words collection!
I hope I have inspired you to get creating!

Thanks so much for visiting,

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment