Cocoa Vanilla Studio: More Than Words Scraplift!






Hi Creative Friends!

My turn on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog today & I am so excited to be sharing my take on this week's DT assignment - scraplift a fellow designer!
This is a MUCH harder task than it sounds! 
We have so many incredibly talented creatives on our team, and choosing just one layout to lift was quite a challenge! 
In the end, I decided to lift this gorgeous layout by Elodie Lusseau.....

Gosh this is stunning!!! Such a beautiful layout!
From the lovely layers to pretty florals, this layout has it all! You can see why I wanted to lift this!
And here's my take on it using the stunning More Than Words collection,
"Love You"



*sigh!*
The More Than Words collection makes me swoon every time I see it! So, so pretty!
You'll notice that I pretty much copied Elodie's design (why change perfection?!) but I did mirror / flip it, to better suit my photograph. And speaking of my photograph, isn't she the sweetest? Happy girls are the prettiest! All dressed up as a Pink Lady from the Grease movie for her Poppa's 60th birthday! SO cute!

Just like Elodie's original, I start with a pretty floral base paper. I used the sweet CV-MT007 DARLING BUDS - I just adore this pattern and could do with at least 20 sheets of it!!!! So pretty! I then add an 11" x 11" white cardstock background, in keeping with my fairly light photo. The half inch wide paper trim is from the reverse side of  CV-MT007 DARLING BUDS - yep, even the B side is awesome! And then comes the fun part - embellishing!!!


I lightly sketch a pencil circle frame around the photo cluster to maintain Elodie's design integrity. I matte my photo onto that dotty print paper from the  6 x 6 PAPER PAD, and then add a doily beneath, before layering it all onto those sweet CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS frames. The frames are dressed up with those super sweet FLAIR BUTTONS, picture perfect indeed!

  Top and bottom opposing corners of the photo get the DIE CUT EPHEMERA AND VELLUM ACCENTS blooms treatment, as well as some pretty butterfly cut file details!

More CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS are applied - you can never have too many butterflies! (& let's not forget that divine deer!) and of course, my CHIPBOARD TITLE STICKERS too! For finishing touches, I add some pretty ENAMEL SHAPES. Simple, sweet and oh so pretty!

Let's take a more detailed look....

 

Oh deer! Could it get any lovelier?!! Chipboard never looked so sweet! Loving the flair details on the frames too!


How cute is that sentiment heart?!! It's been fussy cut from pattern paper, CV-MT006 TREASURE and layered onto one of those delicate cut file butterflies. (The cut file is courtesy of the Free Files section in the Paper Issues store) Chipboard and ephemera butterflies surround this heart, and add to the pretty floral cluster too!  
Such a gorgeous, feminine look!


More deer love with that divine FLAIR BUTTON! And how perfect is that darling buds pattern frame?!!
Speaking of darling buds, let's take a closer look at the die cut cluster of them.....


Swoon! 
It's no secret that I heart #alltheflorals but seriously, I don't think they get any prettier than this!!!
More Than Words is prettiness overload! LOVE it all!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my take on designer Elodie Lusseau's beautiful layout! 
No matter which Cocoa Vanilla Studio collection you use, your memory keeping is sure to be gorgeous!
Thanks so much for visiting today,
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment