Shimmerz Paints Education Team - Monochromatic Magic!




Hi Friends! 

I am so super excited to be sharing my first official 
Education Team project with Shimmerz Paints
I just love creating with all the gorgeous Shimmerz colorz and products!
 If you're not familiar with my style,
you can see a ton of my Shimmerz Paints Social Team projects on my instagram HERE.

Today I wanted to share a lil monochromatic magic with you!
Here's my layout,

"Inspirational"



Sigh! Isn't this dreamy & divine?!!

I was so inspired by that ombre pink pattern paper that I backed my cut file rose with, that I just had to recreate a similar look on my layout! The scrapbook collection that I am using today is the Pink Paislee: Paige Evans: Pick Me Up line, & the cut file called Flower Half is also designed by Paige Evans.

I start with our gorgeous Vibez in
Razzeldazzel Berry
Sweet Heart
Pop Art Pink
and apply them using the packaging technique.



I then highlight the rose shape by applying coordinating Shimmerz over each color section.
I use a soft brush, and paint the rose petal design using
Going Peach Side over the Pop Art Pink
 Pink-O-De-Mayo over Sweet Heart
Magenta over the Razzeldazzel Berry.


Very pretty!
I also add droplets and flicks of the Shimmerz around the rose edge, as well as outline the area in which my photo is positioned.



I make a last minute decision to hand color that white cardstock cut file with those pretty Shimmerz colors. From the center of the rose, I apply Going Peach Side, followed by Pink-O-De-Mayo & last but not least, that gorgeous Magenta!



Using similar colors with varying tones and creating a monochromatic effect is SO pretty!!!
I hope I have inspired you to try this with your like colored Shimmerz Paints!

You can check out all the 'how-to' details & Monochromatic Magic in my process video HERE.


Here are a few very pretty close ups for you.....



Gah! Just look at that shimmery goodness!!!


I LOVE the color coordinated Vibez with Shimmerz look - really effective!


Oh.So.Pretty!!!


Total gorgeousness!


And there you have it! 
Super beautiful, monochromatic magic with Shimmerz Paints!
Now all you need to do is decide on which color you'll go monochrome with!

Thanks so much for visiting today, 
til next time, 




***Type AMANDA in the comments section of your Shimmerz Paints store order to receive a FREE paint!!!*** 





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment