Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Precious




Hi Creative Friends!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration!
Today I am sharing a super sweet and dreamy page of my two darlings! 
I just love the soft and pretty patterns in the More Than Words collection, and just had to fussy cut those butterflies!
Here's what I am talkin' 'bout........
"Precious"

So precious & adorable, indeed!
Inspired by that very sweet 'loved up' moment, I used repetitious hearts & butterflies to create unity and balance within my design. 
The featured cut file is called The All Heart  & is from The Cut Shoppe. 
I have backed this file with the beautiful More Than Words pattern papers, and then embellished with the fussy cut butterflies from pattern paper CV-MT003 GOSSAMER  & ENAMEL SHAPES.
Clean.Simple. And understated elegance! 
I love this fresh & pretty page!
Let's take a closer look.....



How pretty!
I start this page by backing the outer ring of hearts in that divine watercolor wash paper, reverse side of CV-MT007 DARLING BUDS. That pink is so pretty!
Travelling inwards, I back the next heart ring with that gorgeous spots pattern, reverse side of CV-MT008 RADIANT. The black and white pattern helps to break up and balance all the sweet pastel colors within this layout.
For the remaining two heart rings, closest to the center, I choose the 6 x 6 PAPER PAD. This is so that the patterns are in proportion to the cut shapes. I just adore that apricot stripe pattern - it's all kinds of awesome!


You'll spot that I give my photograph the circular treatment, to encourage visual appeal and avoid covering those pretty papers too! As the ultimate focal point of my layout, the photo is positioned into the very center of the design. 
Lots of symmetry and balance for a clean, easy on the eye look!

And speaking of symmetry and balance, I embellish the heart rings in a very distinct pattern....


The outer ring is adorned with alternating fussy cut butterflies from pattern paper, CV-MT003  GOSSAMER, and the apricot hearts from the ENAMEL SHAPES pack. Super pretty! The hearts in the RADIANT paper ring are embellished similarly but, this time there is a break or space between the butterflies, and enamel hearts. Pink hearts are used for this ring.  
Moving inwards, the embellishing reflects the smaller size of the hearts. The larger butterflies are avoided, and white enamel hearts only feature on every fourth heart in the ring. 
The last ring is kept free of adornments, allowing for more focus on that darling photo!

That photo really is the sweetest! 
To draw even more attention to it, I tuck one of the GOSSAMER butterflies beneath the photo. I add that gorgeous DIE CUT EPHEMERA sentiment as my subtitle, and use the CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS arrows to direct your eye into my photo. Unlike the rest of the design, these embellishments are not symmetrical, but on closer inspection you'll note that I've applied them using the visual triangle 'rule of three' to maintain that sense of order within the layout design. So simple and yet, so carefully considered!


The final detail to this darling page is the title. I feature that divine CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKERS Precious, & I support this title with a fussy cut butterfly, and an ACCESSORY STICKER sentiment, So Much Love. For finishing touches, I add a chipboard heart, and that delicate VELLUM ACCENTS butterfly.
And there you have it! 
Beautiful, simple designs that highlight our precious memories!
I hope I have inspired you to get creating with the pretty More Than Words collection!

Thanks so much for visiting,
til next time, 
Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo



Leave a Comment