Elle's Studio: Celebrate Stamp & Shaker Card Sets





Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio inspiration! 
For today's post I am sharing two super sweet card sets that feature our new 
Celebrate Stamp & Celebrate Journaling Tags 
from our August Kit & new releases!


Aren't these fun?!! 
You can see why I just fell in love with the Celebrate Stamp! With icons, sentiments, border trims & even a 'build your own tassel balloon' - this stamp has it all! 
I start with simple white cardstock 4" x 6" card bases, the Shine 6 x 6 Paper Stack and choose a Celebrate Journaling Card (or two) for each card.
Here's a look at the simple stamped his 'n' hers birthday card set.....


Nothing says birthday celebrations more than cake & balloons! 


For this card, I trim the rainbow stripe paper from the Shine 6 x 6 Paper Stack to 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" and adhere to the front of the card. I stamp the pink cake Celebrate Journaling Card with tiny yellow stars, and layer it onto the pink card. I foam mount these layered cards, and attach to the card front. Using a die cut tag from the Exclusive August Kit, I stamp the 'make a wish' sentiment & foam mount this sentiment beneath the cake image. Next, I stamp the balloon & tassels in permanent pink ink. I stamp the string in black ink, and then fussy cut each piece. I give the balloon and tassel a light watercoloring, before attaching to the string. Once dry, glue the balloon to the card, and use sequins and dimensional paint for finishing touches. 
Super sweet!


I use similar techniques with my masculine card, opting for a different color scheme, & using a 'real' tassel over the stamped one for a little interest. Instead of stamping a sentiment beneath the cake, I use the scallop trim stamp in teal ink. 
Simple stamped cards, but oh so effective! 

For my next set of cards, you'll need to use the glassine (cellophane) bags that the Elle's Studio Wood Veneers come in! Never throw these bags in the bin again, they're the perfect size for shaker cards and pockets!


Don't these cards scream party fun!?!!
To create the 'shaker', trim the top of the clear bags, so that the top is as short as it can be without being cut open. Stamp the Celebrate Journaling Cards (I added the Let's Party sentiment & stars to the balloon card), insert into the bag & add sequins. 
Trim any excess off the base of the bag, and then seal the bag (shaker pocket) at the back of the card with a small piece of tape. To hide the edges, use super sticky, double sided tape, and embellish with pom pom trim. 
Pom poms are perfect for parties, and give your pockets a super fun element that also provides a very polished look!


Love it! 
Birthday Cards that are SO much fun! 
I hope I have inspired you to try simple stamping and sequin shakers for your card making! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment