Elle's Studio: More January Kit Inspiration!





Hi Everyone!

Welcome back for more Elle's Studio inspiration! 
I just can't stop creating with the gorgeous January Kit & new releases!
  I know I say it every month, but honestly, this month's products are just incredible! 
The proof is that this is my 5th scrapbook layout that I've created with these supplies!
 Yes, 5th! It's that good! 
And before you ask, you bet I used the Happy Heart Stamp! 
I've stamped all.the.things this month! I la la LOVE this stamp! 

I created a lot of loved up Valentine's inspired projects, but today I want to demonstrate the versatility of these awesome products! 
So enough of the chatter, here's my latest layout to inspire you with.....

"#Besties 4 Eva"


Wow! Isn't this fun! Besties forever, indeed! 

Other Supplies: White Bazzill cardstock, machine stitching, staples, Umbrella Crafts Premium Dye Ink in Sunshine Yellow & Black. 

For this layout, I was totally inspired by my sweet photograph of my daughter & niece. The great mix of  colors and designs in the January kit allowed me to draw on the near black of my niece's hair, the gray of my daughter's tee, & that golden butterflies filter! The movement of the butterflies in the photo also influenced the flow and movement of my design. 
Let's take a closer look.....


I started this layout with the fabulous yellow striped pattern paper from the Noteworthy collection. I layered a sheet of torn white cardstock over it, inserted a couple of 3 x 4 cards into the layer, and stitched & stapled it all into place.  


I featured the dominant yellow stripes on the left, to encourage your eye to move across my layout, left to right. The Happy Heart stamped yellow base adds to the directional flow, and further guides you across my page. I selected all the yellow acetate hearts & stars from the Heart & Star Acetate Die Cuts pack and aligned them with the stamped base also.  



To complete the base, I embellished with lots of stickers, die cuts and veneers! I love the layered Wood Veneers Hearts over the acetate hearts - so cool! I also loved the confetti style look of the stamp, so I tried to arrange my embellishments in a similar fashion. For a more interesting & striking effect, I added a few black icon stamps as well. The pops of black balance the bright yellow perfectly!

For my photo cluster, I layered more of the 3 x 4 journal cards from the January Kit, and then tucked in a few labels, stickers and even one of the acetate hearts. I embellished my photo with a Sweetheart Puffy Sticker & that divine Wood Veneer Heart! 


For finishing touches, I included a few sentiment die cuts and the Happiness Found Stickers. Last but by no means least, I added my mixed alphas title! 
I used the extremely versatile and everyday essential, black Jane Alphabet Stickers for the #Besties part. Love these stickers! 
And for the remaining title, I used the super cute Black & White Polka Dot Alphabet Puffy Stickers. Perfect! 

The January Kit is jam packed with all kinds of awesomeness!
I hope my layout has shown you it's versatility for creating, & inspired you to take some inspiration from your photographs too! 

Thanks so much for joining me today!
til next time, 




Leave a Comment

Post a Comment