Elle's Studio: Sketch Inspiration






Hi Everyone!

Welcome back for more gorgeous inspiration with the Elle's Studio May Kit & Add-Ons!

For today's post I am creating a layout from this month's sketch inspiration.
 It's based on the 'Yes Please' layout in our April Gallery & is by the super talented Susan Brochu.
Here's what the sketch looks like....


Awesome, huh?!

 I've followed the sketch pretty closely, 

but I'm adding my 'twist' to it by using super bright colors, & adjusting all the proportions. 

Here's my take on it,

"Good FUN"


Good FUN, indeed! 
This is my two darlings on Easter morning eating chocolate bunnies, for breakfast, no less! 
Living the (chocolate) dream for sure! 
The bright, playful colors in this month's kit were perfect for documenting this happy moment!
And nothing says fun better than an over sized FUN wood veneer title, right?!
That veneer is just awesome, and the woodgrain contrasts beautifully against the rainbow of tags and labels! 
I love Susan's clever use of flags in her design.  I twist this idea, by arranging tags and labels into the flag style. I coordinate mine into similar color groups, and align each group with the veneer title, for maximum impact!
You'll also spy a few pretties from our new Noteworthy collection, including that super happy, yellow stripe, pattern paper base. Possibly a new fave o'mine! 
**The typewriter font journal trim beneath my photo cluster is actually the reverse side of the barcode strip from that same pattern paper** 

 


I should note that the 'good' veneer is from our Title Builder Vol. 2 Veneer set, and coordinates beautifully with our May kit! 
That FUN veneer title is a such a stand out feature!  
Stretching it across the page and adding the Puffy Heart stickers between the letters really adds emphasis to this already BIG impact title! So cool! 

 

Speaking of Puffy Heart stickers, you'll also spot the Gold Shapes and Dots adorning my layout too! 

  

 My photo cluster and layers are created from the 3 x 4" and 6 x 4" tags in the May kit, and embellished with some pretty Add-Ons, including those fabulous Play All Day Phrase Stickers.  Beneath these layers, I add a little tissue wrap from my stash to create dimension, texture & interest. 


And there you have it! 
My fun take on this fabulous sketch using the gorgeous May Kit, Add-ons & Noteworthy collection. 
I hope I have inspired you to get creating with these beautiful products! 
Thanks so much for visiting!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days,
 Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment