Beautiful Memories for Mother's Day!




Hi Creatives!

Welcome back for more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration!
Wishing a very Happy Mother's Day to all the special women in our lives!
In celebration of this special day, I am sharing a sweet page about my personal love of being a mum! I couldn't think of anything more wonderful to document!
Here's my layout,

"Beautiful Memories"


Nawww! Love this kiddo! He's my Mister A for Awesome!
And as this is a 'me' page, I *may* have used my all-time favourite collection, and colour! 
Wild At Heart is just so pretty & well, we all know my love of blue! 
You'll also spy all my favorite page elements; cut files, mixed media & lots of DIE CUT EPHEMERA! Everything about this layout just makes me happy! 
Monochromatic LOVE!
I begin with the reverse side of pattern paper CV-WH003 MARIPOSA
I adore the watercolor appearance of this gorgeous ombre blue paper! 
It's just too pretty for words! 
To this base, I add an 11" x 11" layer of white cardstock, and then apply my texture paste doily to the bottom edge of this cardstock. 
I used Shimmerz Paints, of course! 
Vibez: Jeni B Bleu sprayed once into a teaspoon of Paste-eez: Salt of the Earth to create that pretty paste. 
To the top area of my page, I add an 8'3/4" x 3" trim of specialty VELLUM. I begin by layering it with our sweet Geo Heart Cut File from the COLOUR ME HAPPY collection - let's take a closer look......


SO pretty!
To the Geo Heart, I foam mount that 'everything you need' journal card which I have trimmed from the aptly titled pattern paper, CV-WH006 FUSSY CUTS. Between and surrounding the vellum & heart layers, I include a few pretty DIE CUT EPHEMERA pieces. You'll spot butterflies, blooms & even a star! And because I wanted to keep with a pretty monochromatic page, I fussy cut some extra blue butterflies from pattern paper, CV-WH003 MARIPOSA. It's all about the blue! ;)
I also add one of those MARIPOSA butterflies to the top right hand corner of my VELLUM paper.....


Those butterflies are so lovely! And speaking of lovely, how awesome is that CHIPBOARD ACCENT STICKER?!! I combine it with the Beautiful You EPHEMERA banner to create a visual stop point in the layout. As most of us read left to right, this encourages your eye to return to the next 'line' & read that WOOD VENEER and EPHEMERA title. Beautiful Memories, indeed!


The WOOD VENEER beautiful is the most exquisitely cut title! With its cursive font & natural warmth, it really adds that something special to the overall layout design. The veneer butterflies also add balance and warmth to the otherwise cool blue page.
Note: The veneer butterflies are from our FREE SPIRIT collection - which you can view HERE.

Here's a better look at them all together.....



Those veneer butterflies!!! I have carefully positioned them so that they double up as anchors to my two sweet photos. I know, pretty AND purposeful! So perfect!

For finishing touches, I carefully splatter some blue ink,Vibez Jeni B Bleu, and even smear a little of it beneath the VENEER title for added interest!


Love it! 
Such a beautiful moment cherished and documented for years to come!
Happy (monochromatic) Mother's Day!
I hope my layout has inspired you to get creative this weekend!
Thanks so much for visiting,

Happy Arty Days,
 Amanda xo 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment