Shimmerz Paints: November Carousel Love!





Hi Everyone!

Welcome back for more Shimmerz Paints inspiration!
Today I am being totally inspired by, 
and scrap lifting 
fellow team member, Missy Whidden
I know, she's Aaaaah-mazing right?!! 
So inspirational!

Well,  this layout started when my son asked me how to draw a carousel. 
I showed him how to look for shapes, and recreate from there.
And then while we were playing with drawings, 
I casually painted up my carousel with my Shimmerz Paints: Vibez & Spritz colours....


Literally, the basics! 
And how pretty are those colours!!!
As soon as I saw this Carousel base on pattern paper, I recalled that awesome layout from Missy Whidden and off I went, 
recreating my own take on her fabulous original!
Here's my finished layout...

"Happiness Is Here"


Oh isn't this the cutest?!! 
Amazing how one simple illustration can become a thing of beauty! 
And just look at those shimmering hues!
I've used Shimmerz Paints: 

To use as a paint (as opposed to a mist), I simply sprayed them onto a plastic artist palette, 
added a few drops of water and painted away!
You'll spy the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel collection for this layout. 
It was perfect for embellishing my painted carousel with! 
Here's a few close ups......


Love that rick rack ribbon across the front of the carousel! So cute!
The splatters on my background are just from my brush with the Cotton Candy Spritz!


To make my carousel stand out, I also backed it with thick cardboard for extra dimension & depth.


So super cute! 
Shimmerz Paints really do make the layout!!!

I hope you enjoyed viewing my take on Missy's original carousel layout!

Need a lil Shimmerz Paints?
Visit the store here
& REMEMBER: Use code AMANDA in the comments section 
& you'll receive a free gift! 
Yay!!!! 

Maybe you need more Crate Paper?
Get yours in the Paper Issues store here
& Use code AMANDA to receive 20% off! Double Yay!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment