Paper Issues: November Try It Tuesday!





Hi Papercrafting Friends! 

It's time for another super fun edition of 


One of my favourite challenges on the Paper Issues calendar, 
but hey, I may be bias, lol! 

I just love trying new things, and I get really excited by all the wonderful ideas you all share with us! 
This month we want you to try....

 creating your own embellishments!

(and then use that embellishment/s on your project that you share with us!)
So much fun!

Here's just a few suggestions/ideas of DIY embellishments to get you started:

Make your own flowers from dies, layered cut files or ribbons
Paper rosettes
 Layered tags
 Feathered arrows from skewer sticks
 Stitch die cut ephemera together to create a new look
Banners / bunting & flags from washi tape

The possibilities are endless!
& Remember: This challenge is suitable for all creations; scrapbook layouts, cards, OTPs, planners etc

For my DIY embellishments,  I chose to make paper rosettes. 
You'll notice that I hot glued puffy stickers over the center joins for a more 'polished' look......



Aren't they gorgeous?!
You'll also spot that I also created my own layered tag from pattern paper, ephemera, stickers and one of my rosettes. I LOVE how this turned out!
Here's how I combined them all into my layout,

"Sweet Girl"


WOW! Happiness is definitely here!
Such a fun and vibrant page of my sweet girl!
I have used the stunning Crate Paper: Maggie Holmes Carousel collection & it's available in the store HERE.
 I just love how bright and playful it is!
To keep everything looking beautifully coordinated, I used pattern papers and stickers from this line to make my rosettes and tag too!
 Let's take a closer look.....


Oh so gorgeous!!! All the paper pretties!!!
From the 6 x 12 Stcikers to the Puffy & Chipboard Stickers, the Die Cut Ephemera & even those Enamel Pin Stickers -  this collection is out to impress!


Just look at that Enamel circus tent?!! So super cute!


The patterned paper base is the B-side of Fairgrounds - love the black n white pattern against those POP colours!
And before you ask, that STUNNING mixed media background has been created with my favourite Shimmerz Paints: Vibez mists!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my take on this month's challenge! 
Now it's your turn,
 I can't wait to see what you make! 

Upload your new projects to the Friends & Fans Facebook Group:

Need supplies before you start?
Get yours in the Paper Issues store HERE
& REMEMBER: Use code AMANDA & you'll save 20% off your total spend - Yay!



Thanks so much for visiting!
til next time, 



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment