Hip Kit Club: Sew Beauti-Fall Thank You Cards!




Hi Lovelies! 

Welcome back for more Hip Kit Club inspiration! 
Today I am celebrating World Card Making Day!
Ok, so I'm a few days late, but that's ok - belated cards & warm wishes are always well received! 
I mean, who doesn't love the opening their mail box to find something beautifully handcrafted inside? The September 2019 Hip Kits are perfect for creating such gorgeous treasures!

For today's inspirational post I've created a pretty trio of Thank You cards. 
They're totally inspired by the beautiful HKC October mood board, courtesy of the lovely Sophie Delorme. 
If you haven't seen this month's mood board, it's a stunner & looks like this....

FB_IMG_1570306712519

SO gorgeous!!! 
A truly magnificent array of images to spark & ignite your creativity!  
Thank You & Gratitude cards instantly came to my mind - but enough chatter, let's take a look at them....

Sew Beauti-Fall Card Trio 

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_01

Sew beauti-Fall, indeed! 
Aren't they just the prettiest?! 
I love the use of sewn details, buttons,  & lace on my cards. They really enhance the hand made nature of the cards, and create a bespoke feel! Don't get me wrong, mass produced printed cards are always appreciated but nothing expresses gratitude and thankfulness than your time and attention to detail. 
Card making is such a beautiful form of art! 

For this card set, I used a mix of the September 2019 Main, Embellishment & Cardstock Kits. The cards all measure 4" x 6" and include the fabulous Pebbles: This Is Family collection, Fun Times, pattern paper as their main image. This paper really reminded me of the mood board, plus it had the added bonus of cut apart 3" x  4" note cards that all encompassed the grateful theme. 
Perfect for the upcoming Fall & Thanksgiving season! 

Here's a closer look at these pretty cards....

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_06

So very pretty! 
I LOVE a good plaid pattern (esp. for Fall!), and the Pretty Little Studio Indian Summer Ephemera Combo packaging had me excited! Yes, you read correctly - I totally fell for the packaging! 
And clearly, I wasn't the only one who loved this pattern - you'll spy it in it's full paper glory in the October 2019 Main Kit
Yay! Totally swooning on this one!

To soften it just a little, I layered a sheet of Bazzill White Vellum over it and mounted it to my Bazzill Lemonade card front (both are from the September Cardstock Kit).  The packaging didn't quite stretch to the base of my card, so I covered the gap with a trim of natural colored, scalloped lace from my stash. As most of you know, I love repeat design in all my creations, so I trimmed a soft pink section of the Dear Lizzy: She's Magic - Dreaming paper and used an old punch to re-create the scallop pattern. I machine stitched this trim to the top of my card, so that the top and base had a cohesive feel. 

Here's a closer view....

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_08
So sweet! 
The Dear Lizzy: She's Magic - Decorative Buttons were a gorgeous addition to the both the sewn & hand crafted look of the card. For more repetition, I threaded the button with natural colored twine and tied it in a bow. 
Such a pretty detail!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_07

To complete the card, I foam mounted the stitched Fun Times note card and embellished with the gorgeous Pretty Little Studio: Indian Summer Ephemera Combo die cuts. Last, but by no means least, I added those sparkly Dear Lizzy: She's Magic - Epoxy Stickers from the Embellishment Kit. The pop of pink coordinates with the pink in the plaid background and that sweet little button. Love it!
With my first card completed, it then determined the design and style for the other two! 
Here's my second Thank You card....

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_09

The similarities between the cards is obvious, but on closer inspection, it's those small differences and details that make each card special & unique! I loved the softness that the vellum created in the first card, so I decide to use it again, but this time just over the plain Bazzill Lemonade Cardstock base. Super pretty! As I wasn't featuring a pattern paper background, I layered my stitched Fun Times note card onto a 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" sheet of the reverse side of the Dear Lizzy: She's Magic - Magic paper
That green is gor-jus!!!

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_10

To make this card a lil more special, I embellished the vase of flowers with an Indian Summer die cut bloom. I folded up the petals on this die cut to create soft texture & dimension. I also foam mounted a Dear Lizzy: She's Magic - Mini Phrase Sticker (from the Embellishment Kit) to the vase. Small & simple details that produce that extra wow factor! 
You'll also notice that I altered the position of the bow-tiful button & embellished it with a tiny laurel leaf die cut too! Super cute & sweet!

For my third and final card, I combined elements of the previous two cards as well as a couple new additions....

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_11

LOVEEE!!! That blue makes my heart happy! 
Here's a closer look...

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_12

You'll see that I swapped out the pumpkin die cuts for that lovely yellow pear, and as yellow was such a predominant color in the mood board, I think it worked in beautifully! 
The other noticeable difference is the inclusion of the sentiment tab at the top of the note card...

HKC_AmandaBaldwin_Oct26th_Blog_13

The Great Job tab is actually a Pinkfresh Studio: Office Hours - Cardstock Sticker from the Embellishment Kit! How cute! That soft pink coordinates with the flowers, as well as the scallop trim at the top of the card. Beautiful! 

And there you have it! 

Sew Beauti-Fall cards inspired by the fabulous October mood board! 
I hope I have inspired you to create an extra card or two this month with your Hip Kits! Be sure to upload and share your handmade lovelies in the Hip Kit Club Facebook Group HERE - I can't wait to see what you create! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
til next time, 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment